Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS sexecutive

triple b

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
Sorry to dig up the old thread but just thought I should give the story an ending.

With plans to rebuild it I organised paint and panel (shaved bay, full respray in pearl white), I picked up an L67 with the idea of stripping it down and just lightly freshening it up. Over time this escalated and plans changed into building it to make 500rwhp with the M90 (I was trying to beat Decicrate haha). Naturally the T5 wasn't going to handle that power so I purchased a t56. All that was left was to upgrade the diff.

The car was being built with hill climbs and track days in mind (hence why I was staying with the manual box) so I organised for some custom coil overs to be made up because chopped king springs just wasn't going to cut it. Plans to upgrade the brakes to the VE brembo's were also in place.

I was also bored with the interior and since the car was now being built for hill climb events and track days something with a bit more support was in order, so I found a set of VZ Clubsport R8 cloth seats and purchased them on the day.

This happened slowly across 8 months or so and as time went on the cost of the build went up. Eventually I had to set a 30k budget to have the car finished exactly how I wanted it. This is where the story gets sad, I got sick of driving shitbox dailys so I bought a MX5 as a daily (cue the hair dresser jokes). Now building the vs was going to cost me 30k and we weren't even sure if the motor would last or not, where as the MX5 already handled like a car built for racing should it just needed a bit more power. I done some research and realised I only needed a 10k budget to have the MX5 exactly how I wanted.

It was a big decision but I decided to pull the plug on the VS, it was going to cost far to much, they aren't worth anything (yes I know you never get back all of what you put in) and my heart was no longer in it after 12 months. I started selling all the parts I had bought for the build, the car then sat around for another 3 months until the past week where I stripped it down. It was picked up to go to the scrap metal yard half an hour ago.

20140130_152802.jpg

Plans are now to buy a VS wagon or ute as a daily, put the T5 in it and mini spool it, other than that it will stay pretty much as is. This will allow me to get started on the turbo setup for my MX5 and get a few other bits finished on it (respray and small interior tweaks). It will also be used for towing the MX5 down to the track.

Cheers for everyone's advice and compliments over the past couple of years regarding the Sexecutive. If you want to follow what I get up to these days jump on our page https://www.facebook.com/connormotorsports it is me and potta9 (VER888)

triple b

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
knew it was coming but still such a shame bro! in saying that my mate loves the rear venetians!
(ps is that hamden towing)

Yeah it is but its how things go, no point spending 30k on a car that you don't have your heart set on anymore. No idea what tow company it was, I just called a scrap yard and they sent the towie (26hrs late though haha)

luke23

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl
I remember how it felt when I finally pulled the plug on my old vs after all the time, effort and money I put into it.
Its a bitter sweet kind of feeling to see it taken away on a tow truck, its sad to see it go, but you also have that freedom of a new project feeling

triple b

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
I remember how it felt when I finally pulled the plug on my old vs after all the time, effort and money I put into it.
Its a bitter sweet kind of feeling to see it taken away on a tow truck, its sad to see it go, but you also have that freedom of a new project feeling

Exactly right mate

triple b

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
Well picked up the new daily today. VS acclaim with log books and a full service history. Body is in great condition except a small rub on the front bar and the left rear. Inside is mint no ciggy burns or stains, the fan control dont light up and the tacho doesn't work for some reason. Plans are to put it back on chasers, 5% tint all round bar the front doors, possibly mini spool it and put my t5 behind it.

a7asu7ub.jpg

The only problem now is I have a pulled down L67 still sitting in the shed
a8y7ujy5.jpg

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
Just throw the whole Lot in there...

triple b

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
Alright guys I'm selling my genuine HSV VZ Senator/Grange rims. PM me if you are interested
Tyres are 99% tread (traveled 400km at most) with red and white walls. A little bit of gutter rash.
Located in Moorebank, NO shipping
$1900

null.jpg