Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS sub or no sub

spud_22

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS-V Wagon, VS UTE, 96 VS Senator
you dont count jamie.lol rea i thought that. I forgot to mention i have a gas tank in the boot so if it faced the boot i might get a s**t noise of the tank

Bryce_VS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina S2
do you have an aftermarket head unit? :/
Run RCA's under the carpet as well so you don't crush em.
I got a sub thats about ten years old good for round 300watt rms with a amp good for bout the same and it sounds hectic. just be sure to sound deaden the boot, makes sooo much difference. I don't know about making it to fit into the back seat, since there is a rise behind the seats so you would have to mould it over that. too hard. I just put mine in the corner (drivers side) and it goes good.
Good luck.

spud_22

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS-V Wagon, VS UTE, 96 VS Senator
Im looking at getting a new head unit. Dont really want to put one in the boot coz iv already got the gas tank in the boot steeling all my space. Does anyone know whats the smallest sub size you can get

turmoil117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs berlina
I think it's something like 8" but if you just want a bit of bass and you don't want to take up space you would probably be better off putting 6x9's in the back and using an amp to power them

luke23

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl
towards the back of the boot in my opinion, and if your trying to save space mabey get a slimline sub, there small and fit good under seats ect, and one might be easy to mount to the back of your seat, plus you can get ones with built in amps, 10 times better for what you want im assuming

m1lky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
What about a pair of kicker cvt6.5s in the parcel tray? 6.5" subs

Jamiejamie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Ute 3.8 S
i reckon go a set of good 6x9's with an amp. they sound awesome in sedans. they look fine if you install them on the parcel shelf. all you see is the speaker grill. running 6 speakers will sound good. but if you really want bass go a slimline or possibly even check out bass stations their meant to be pretty good.

commoVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 VT
yea i want to build a box it into the back of the seat. I dont really want a massive sub just something for a little bit of bass. Im not sure which way to face it. which way would you guys recommend

i said the exact same thing when i bought my first sub. you will just want more and more bass after the first sub