Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS T5 speedo arrangement different to earlier T5's???

VR_Acclaim

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr acclaim
U should be able to change the transfer case and justmplacenur setup in the box if ur capable which unsound like u can I has to do a similar set up for t5 into a corana of a mate

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
You should be able to change the case no worries but the VS T5 my be missing the Speedo drive on the output shaft altogether. Hopefully it will have at least the spline for the gear. The VS speedo pickup may also foul on the VP case if Borgwarner have machined the inside out of the VS case a bit to accommodate it, but its pretty unlikely. You cant break anything pulling the rear off just for a look so you might as well.

Clint_G

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ SS
it looks like modification to the box. not a factory design. so hopefully whoever did it just plugged up the hole .

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
They would of had to take the whole output shaft off to fit a reluctor wheel to it, who knows what they have done. Good luck.

LX_HATCH

Reaction score
Members Ride
LX Torana-Hatch
They would of had to take the whole output shaft off to fit a reluctor wheel to it, who knows what they have done. Good luck.

Thanks for the replies all.

Yeah I have got my hands on a T5 rebuild manual and it looks preety easy to remove the transfer case.

So the reluctor wheel is the wheel that the "dodgy" sensor is looking at?

Ryan

LX_HATCH

Reaction score
Members Ride
LX Torana-Hatch
Actually I might dig the blanking plate off the VS box and see whats inside lol.

I should be able to source a cheap T5 to pull apart and compare.'

Fun and games. Nothing ever easy with this torrie.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
its probably just useing the fifth gear cog as the trigger wheel with auto sender so a vs auto or getrag ecu can read it as it needs a steel cog just use your rear housing and plastic cog on the shaft if its missing.T5 is an easy box to pull down and rebuild ide just leave the bellhousing on stand it on its end remove shifter lid then theres only 1 roll pin in there holding the cast shift arm end on knock that pin out and undo the rear housing and slide it off dont need to undo anything else.you need to remove the speedo out the rear housing of you good box when you do it so as not to break it.the plastic cog on the output shaft is just held on with a special clip comes off easy as

LX_HATCH

Reaction score
Members Ride
LX Torana-Hatch
Thanks for the comments all.