Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS turning off spontaneously

existentialist

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS
From your video clip there, it looks like code 23 to me, which is Mass Air Temp Sensor (MAT) high voltage. I'd be checking out both your MAF sensor, and also checking the intake temperature sensor, which is plugged into the back of the airbox.

could this be what's responsible for the car turning off?

oh, now i understand how to read it - sorry, i didnt pay enough attention to the guide. =)

Harvs82

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY08 Subaru Liberty GT-B & MY16 VF II SS Redline
could this be what's responsible for the car turning off?

oh, now i understand how to read it - sorry, i didnt pay enough attention to the guide. =)

It COULD have something to do with it, if the ECU receives an incorrect or invalid signal from either the MAF or the temperature sensor, it could cause the ECU to operate for a condition that doesn't exist, ie if the MAF is getting good airflow at a cold temperature, and the ECU reads it as poor airflow or hot air, it could give the incorrect calculations for fuel/air mix, which could in turn flood the car momentarily....

Probably best to disconnect the MAF and the temperature sensor, give them both a good clean with electrical contact cleaner, clean all the electrical connections, put it all back together, and then reset the codes, and go from there.

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Make sure that you are checking the codes properly, remembering that code 12 will be displayed 3 times, and then any faults will be displayed thereafter.

Nicely picked up mate, could have easily gone unnoticed.

Harvs82

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY08 Subaru Liberty GT-B & MY16 VF II SS Redline
Nicely picked up mate, could have easily gone unnoticed.

Thanks mate... I've had a bit of practice with reading that light, especially when my crank angle sensor packed up!