Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs ute centre console ideas.

Froggz

Less talk, More Torque.
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 S15 Silvia
Hi all i have a executive s2 vs ute which came as a 3 seater with floor manual and has since been converted to a 2 seater, how difficult would it be to install a center console in. Or has anyone made one themselves.

Thanks.

workvs

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute / ve thunder
I also have converted. What are thoughts on moving the handbrake to the middle console though.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
Quick q.
howd you guys get the passenger seat out? Obviously the floor bolts but a small detailed piece would be awesome for some future info. Thanks.

Froggz

Less talk, More Torque.
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 S15 Silvia
I have heard moving the handbrake is a pain in the ass, no idea on the seat as I didn't convert it.
And the center facia where the radio aircon etc is different to other vs's. So not sure if it would still mount up

workvs

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute / ve thunder
To the seat question. It was a nightmare. The Gregory's book says to just pull the cover and gear knob off. Then move seat forward and undo. I wish it was that easy. You can not get the seat far enough forward to get to the rear bolt. So I jacked the car up and took the linkages off the gearbox. Undo the bolts on the selector and pull out then you will have enough room. It tool a couple of hours to do both seats though I was fitting seats from a vx onto vs rails so it was time consuming.
Not good to here about the handbrake though. Cause I really need to do it to make it look complete.

fuzzy2308

Reaction score
Members Ride
Plastic datsun
fill the hole for the hand brake with some fiberglass or put some cup holders in there

stevoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
s2 vt ss
Handbrake is a easy install you only need the handbrake assembly
undo from the extra cable which runs from the drivers side to the cable in the centre and the sedan wagon assembly will just connect up, took less than 25 mins. Make sure you get a decent handbrake most are stuffed same with the buttons.