Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs ute clip on tonneau cover??

workvs

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute / ve thunder
From what I had on my kings wood. They don't seal the best. Because they clip on the top water leaks in through the sides when driving in the rain and washing your car. If you drive on unsealed roads prepare for a lot of dust in the back. And within a few months of clipping and Unclipping the stitching and clips fall apart. I hope this helps.

VSSS_5L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SS 5L
Dont do it, its a trap.

033.jpg

These are mine at the moment because im trying to patch the holes that someone else had made putting one of those tonneau covers on at some point in my utes life, when i bought it there was a standardish elastic hook cover on it...So I assume they dont last...or someone decided to replace it for some reason. I would like at some point to possibly put a hard lid on, and it will look silly with these little holes if i do. Mine also had a plastic tub liner in it which was covering up the holes...but im thinking of ditching the plastic liner.

Also...having the elastic ones looped over the hooks also gives you a bit of leniancy in what you can fit under it, because of the stretchiness and stuff you can put bigger stuff under and stretch the elastic to cover... you would lose that with the button up ones.

B-rad

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs series 3 v6 ute
Hmmm yer they do look alot better but i guess it would be that practical in the long run, i might save for a hardlid! But there so expensive