Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS V6 Statesman running issues

kezer

VS Stato
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman S3
Hi all first of all my 1998 vs v6 statesman has been running rough for a while and a few weeks ago stalled on me while taking off.
Ive changed o2 sensors, leads, plugs, dfi module, coils, iac, vally gaskets and still runs rough at idle kinda like its missing and on take off it hesitates quite often but while cruising it runs normal.
since ive changed the dfi module and coils ive gotten these error codes -
13 - RH o2
22 - TPS low voltage
32 - MAF sensor
35 - Idle Speed Error
44 - RH o2 Sensor Lean
48 - Cam Angle Sensor
76 - Air/Fuel ratio variation between laft and right banks

Any clue? Computer maybe?

KrisG

Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 VSII Berlina
Did you reset the ecu after replacing those parts? Those codes could be a combination of previous faults and current ones. That'll narrow down the fault codes a bit more.

This is basically a process of elimination. My VS has actually started to behave like this too lately, only on idle.

A good place to start would be to clean your MAF and the whole intake assembly (from air filter to plenum chamber)
Based on the parts that you have replaced, I would test the TPS, and MAF.
You've addressed spark and air, so after all that, I'd look into fuel. - could be a blocked fuel filter, injectors, FPR, fuel pump, or even bad fuel.

Start with the cheapest and easiest things first, then work your way up.

kezer

VS Stato
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman S3
error codes 13 and 76 have always been on and off (ground problem for o2 sensor at ecu) but the others only came up after i changed the dfi, coils and iac?
fuel pum was changed late last year, injectors were changed to known working ones from a vt/vx, ill be changing the fuel filter but ive been suspecting the FPR but that doesnt address the other fault codes like the maf and that?

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
id be checking wiring again and everything plugged in and clear the codes and check again, pull the engine fuse in the black box in the engine bay for 30mins to clear codes or disconnect the battery.

13/44/76 are usually dead o2 or grounding problem on VS
48 when you changed the coil pack
35 when you changed the IAC
22 did you have those disconnected while doing IAC?
32 Check MAF plug, give it a clean or could be faulty.