Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs v6 ute sitting lower on one driver side

BowTie

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr vt
Ok. Id loosen them right off and see if that helps resolve the rear.

Misaligned front roll bar can twist the car.

Then tighten the tops of the link pins with wheels off, but leave the bottom loose so the sway bar can sit unloaded. Then on perfectly level ground with wheels on and no jacking tighten up both lowers on the pins without twisting the swaybar. You may need a pair of matching blocks under the front wheels to lift it enough to get under and tighten them.

The front swaybars links need to be tight without twisting the swaybar.

You should do this on perfectly level ground and with the rear level. If loosening them doesnt fix the rear, id jack the rear to level before tightening the front swaybar.

Am I making sense to ya?

Dog_of_a_v6

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series 3 vs ute
Ok. Id loosen them right off and see if that helps resolve the rear.

Misaligned front roll bar can twist the car.

Then tighten the tops of the link pins with wheels off, but leave the bottom loose so the sway bar can sit unloaded. Then on perfectly level ground with wheels on and no jacking tighten up both lowers on the pins without twisting the swaybar. You may need a pair of matching blocks under the front wheels to lift it enough to get under and tighten them.

The front swaybars links need to be tight without twisting the swaybar.

You should do this on perfectly level ground and with the rear level. If loosening them doesnt fix the rear, id jack the rear to level before tightening the front swaybar.

Am I making sense to ya?
Yeah mate sorta would the front sway bar link pins being too tight make it sit uneven

BowTie

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr vt
Only if the swaybar isnt sitting even. If its twisted by the linkpins it will dive on one side on the front and the opposite side on the rear.

If its whats causing the rear to sit unbalanced, just loosening them will level the rear. If loosening them has no effect on the rear, then the problem is elsewhere.

Is there any detectable difference in ride height left to right on the front?

Dog_of_a_v6

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series 3 vs ute
Only if the swaybar isnt sitting even. If its twisted by the linkpins it will dive on one side on the front and the opposite side on the rear.

If its whats causing the rear to sit unbalanced, just loosening them will level the rear. If loosening them has no effect on the rear, then the problem is elsewhere.

Is there any detectable difference in ride height left to right on the front?
I haven't really looked at that yet I'll have a look tomorrow but from what I could see the front was sitting even

Dog_of_a_v6

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series 3 vs ute
I had a look just before and the front sits level its only the rear passenger side that sits higher

BowTie

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr vt
Ok. Looks like I might have been sending you down the wrong path last night.

Just trying to think of ebery possible cause for you.

As I went to sleep I started to doubt that a front roll bar could cause a 2 to 3 inch difference in the rear. Maybe an inch.

Id still measure the set link pin lengths for peace of mind.

Id also unscrew the bottom of the rear shocks to see if that has any effect and to rule them out.

Dog_of_a_v6

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series 3 vs ute
Ok. Looks like I might have been sending you down the wrong path last night.

Just trying to think of ebery possible cause for you.

As I went to sleep I started to doubt that a front roll bar could cause a 2 to 3 inch difference in the rear. Maybe an inch.

Id still measure the set link pin lengths for peace of mind.

Id also unscrew the bottom of the rear shocks to see if that has any effect and to rule them out.
It's all good I had a better look at where I had it parked this morning after I went for a drive and the ground on the back left side was lower than everywhere else but a little bit so then I moved it back a bit and it sat even so I think it's all good but I'm pretty sure the back shock on the passenger side is starting to die tho cause when I push down on it it bounces sorta thing and the other side doesn't but anyway thanks for the help mate even tho it wasn't anything wrong with it

BowTie

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr vt
Excessive bouncing on any corner is definately a failing shock.

So glad you worked it out bloke. Its always fun trying to help people diagnose.