Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS V8 transmission filler (and dipstick)

MGB567

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SV6
I have a VS V8 4L60E attached to a Rover V8. It did not come with a filler tube or dipstick and for the life of me I can't find either - I've tried several wreckers. I'm told that a VR V6 version is not compatible but all I need to know is if the end where it fits into the casing above the pan is the same as given I have a Dellow bellhouse some modification will be needed. Any source suggestions or compatibility comments appreciated. ( I have an evilbay $30 4L60E version but the end is wrong for the casing hole.)

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Aftermarket like Lokar or some other U.S brand.

I would have though v6 would be sit in the case & pan just the same as long as check oil level or redo mark if it's wrong.

With custom bellhousing you'd need to mod tube anyway if it's different to chev bolt pattern as part of it bolts to bellhousing bolt.

MGB567

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SV6
Thanks for that. I found the VS Commodore shop in the meantime and they said very rare to find - they have nil stock. They did say the entrance hole in the casing was the same as VR V6 so I ordered one and will modify it to suit my bellhouse.