Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS what shocks?

mynameisearl

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 vt s pac
ok im gonna sound like a real dick here but where is the part number on the shocks? All i can find is a stupid sticker with monroe gas on it. My rear right wheel is scrubbing on the wheel arch when someone is in the back and i hit the smallest bump. I dunno if i have the standard shocks or not what do you reckon? the car does look pretty low speed humps have become my enermy, i have 17" rims as well so i dunno if the tyres are too big or if the shocks are rooted

22370_282619475889_744255889_3293565_2115082_n.jpg

22370_282619490889_744255889_3293566_2851461_n.jpg

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Even if your shocks were the wrong type for a car of your height, it shouldn't be the cause of scrubbing. Sounds like the panhard rod to me. You might need to get an adjustable one.

mynameisearl

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 vt s pac
Thanks mojododo. R J K its only when theres a couple of people in the back if i hit a dip or a bump it will rub on the wheel arch only on the left though, i thought it might have been the extra weight of the spare tyre on that side making that side of the car heavier being the reason for only that side doing it? There seems to be a fair bit of give in the shocks if you get out and lean on the boot?

bubba2pac

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commodore
try yuor springs mate if thatdos not get your self a set of airbags

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
When the car is lowered, because of the design of the live axle set up, the panhard rod pushes the body of the car to the right, this can cause the tyre to rub on the left hand guard. You can get an adjustable panhard rod as R J K said, or you could get the lip of the guard rolled.

mojododo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
The other problem is that when you lower the car most people dont want it to be a harsh ride, so they get springs that are still confortable to ride in.
So when you get 2 people in the back, the amount of movement in the rear allows the wheels to rub. Also the panhard rod doesnt help pulling to one side.

mojododo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
A panhard rod allows you to adjust where the rear end sits from side to side :banstick:

hehe, no i didnt write that correctly. i meant the STD one doesnt help with the effect of it pulling the rear to one side, like not_an_abba_fan said.

mynameisearl

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 vt s pac
Its rubbing directly above the wheel not on the side?

Last edited: