Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs wiring question

despo

V Fast S furious
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Sv6
so atm im attempting a lvl3 dash upgrade and all is well except i need to disconnect this yellow/ back wire from the new loom to my vs body loom
4a9add57.jpg

anyone able to help explain how im to do this

also with half the dash out and most things unplugged any issue with me starting the car to test out the dash ??

cheers james

Michelson4301

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Super6 Utility 5 speed
Usually you would use a wire disconnect tool to push the metal tang back and slide pin out similtaneously. Possible could use a pin ? might be too thin though. Buyer beware. push in through front of connector. Hope i have made sense.

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL Statesman....L67 VS Berlina
Me and my older brother did it...we used really small screwdrivers and you can also
sometimes use a metal nail file..

where it clips together we stuck it down there and there is a little metal stud going into the plastic
just try clip it out... get 2 people and one pull on the wire and one with the screwdriver

hope this helps

Also you should only have the section above the steering wheel out so there shouldn't be no
reason you cant start it...also im pretty sure you have to run a wire to your ECU so your
Instant Fuel Used thing works

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Dont turn the ignision on with the cluster out or you could set off the air bag warning light.

The yellow black wire comes out using a pointy object like a scriber or test light thingo - you lift the tab from 1 side and pull the wire from the other side. It's one of the easier ones to get out.

What loom are you using? if it's a L3 loom into an Executive you may run into issues with your lights and A/C.

monarols71

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Series11 Ute
Jewellers screwdrivers work well if you don't have a pick tool. I think that connector from memory only has a plastic tang holding the wire connector in. Lift it up and gently pull on the wire.

despo

V Fast S furious
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Sv6
cheers for the help guys got it out just then :) now the hard part of putting the new loom threw :S

Dont turn the ignision on with the cluster out or you could set off the air bag warning light.

The yellow black wire comes out using a pointy object like a scriber or test light thingo - you lift the tab from 1 side and pull the wire from the other side. It's one of the easier ones to get out.

What loom are you using? if it's a L3 loom into an Executive you may run into issues with your lights and A/C.

is a loom from a vr clubbie oooo really what do u mean ?? had a look and the connects look fairly similar

whats the best way in relation to replacing the loom ??

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
cheers for the help guys got it out just then :) now the hard part of putting the new loom threw :S

is a loom from a vr clubbie oooo really what do u mean ?? had a look and the connects look fairly similar

whats the best way in relation to replacing the loom ??

If it's from a clubsport you may be OK as I donth think the clubsport had climate control.

To replace teh loom I tie a draw wire to the end of the loom in the A/C vent opening and draw the loom out the drives side of the dash (also undo the connector No1) and then tie the new loom to the clubsport loom and pull it back in.

despo

V Fast S furious
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Sv6
If it's from a clubsport you may be OK as I donth think the clubsport had climate control.

To replace teh loom I tie a draw wire to the end of the loom in the A/C vent opening and draw the loom out the drives side of the dash (also undo the connector No1) and then tie the new loom to the clubsport loom and pull it back in.

okk was thinking of doing that actually so will give that ago tomorrow morning .. connector No1 ??? which ones is that ?