Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VSII 4 Speed auto trans drain

JulesCharles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Acclaim Wagon
Hi, I want to pump out my ATF including the torque converter. There are 2 cooling lines connecting to the radiator. Of the top & bottom line, can anyone tell me which one is the supply line from the trans? Many thanks, Jules.

Vee-ard

QuickVR95II 2010 Survivor
Reaction score
Members Ride
Foam Tuned VR 5.0l Ute
Remove both lines. Handbrake on, put it in gear and see which one squirts out fluid. :D

JulesCharles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Acclaim Wagon
Thanks Vee-ard, but I'm trying to find out which is the right line without making a big mess, maybe someone else can help.

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
I think its been covered before, from memory the top one is from, the lower one is return, if in doubt, undo one line at the radiator, put a catch bottle from the radiator trans cooler and another from the line to the trans. that way if you do get it wrong no mess, kick it over for one to two seconds and see.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
I found it much easier to undo the lines where the rigid tubing from the gearbox joins with the flexible hose which then enters the radiator. Otherwise you are putting quite a bit of strain on the plastic side tanks of the radiator....and the connection there is very tight. The other positive about undoing them there is that they are both next to each other and it doesn't matter which one you undo - both will pump the oil out. Finally it's much easier to catch the oil.