Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vt air bag warning light

H

hardie

wondering if anybody has had this problem before?, Yesterday while driving around melbourne in heavy rain I had parked the car and next time I went to start it the Air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner light went off with ignition (like its supposed to) then comes back on again after 20 seconds with a beeping sound. This happened once before about a year ago and holden said they adjusted a sensor? which fixed the problem.. if anyone has any ideas I would greatly appreciate it....

trigge

Go see a man about a dog.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX 'S'
Hardie, I have the same problem with my Ser I VX "S". I had the light come on and went to Holden and they said it was the airbag in the seat, they cleared it with the Tach II and everything was great. Two weeks ago it came on again, I am assuming it is the same problem. I know I have to get the airbag replaced in the seat but Ill just take it back to Holden and get them to clear the fault until I get new seats.

Hope this has put an explanation to your problem.

Regards,

Scott

S

Swerve103

Problems

I recently have had the same problem with my car. However 3months beforehand my horn broke and the fuses would just keep on blowing.. I left the problem to the experts and they cleared the computer and it worked. Not long after it blew again..... $600 dollars later I found out from a mechanic that all the problems from my airbag light and horn were caused by 1 wire in the steering wheel which was shorting out all the time.....

F

fuzion

Before I start,
***********DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME*************

Now...

I had a similar problem with the airbag light. Every now and then, say, every 3 months or so, airbag light, audible warning and red light flashing next to mode button. My horn was also stuffed.
Turned out to be a loose wire in the airbag assembly, which the horn was 'conviniently' connected to. A mate of mine carefully took some of it apart and fixed the wire problem. Hello horn again, goodbye intermittent airbag light.

Before you even consider attempting this however, remember that if you make a small mistake, and the airbag blows up in your face while your working on it, consider yourself lucky. Travelling 100km/h down the M1, beeping your horn and getting smacked in the face wouldnt really be that pleasant.

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Goddamn! I have the same damn problem...has been making the beeping noise since i removed the seat to detail my car for a show....tried reconnecting all the plugs for the belt cable sensor and that crap but to no avail.....anyone?

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
if there has been an open circuit in the system a code will log, it needs to be cleared to stop the warning buzzer
Rob

klue

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive 5L
Apparently the VT airbag light goes on when it has been subject to a higher than normal humidity level, generally after lots of rain or if the inside of the car has been wet etc. It can be reset at your local Holden mechanic if they have the right computer. Gluck

Gravy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive
I was talking to a mechanic who had a similar prob with a customers car, after the owner kept getting sick of resetting the error at holden ... turned out that the owner was a larger lady and when she sat in the seat the pretensioner sensor wiring under the seat would pop out temporarily or lose contact or something, resulting in a fault code being registered.

speedotom

Auto Instrument Repairer
Reaction score
Website
www.clubmud.com.au
Members Ride
2003 V2 CV8-R MONARO
Most VT have this problem after having the interior detailed, just because of the amount of moisture in the air. I had to spray the sensors with a CO Cleaner or something that repels moisture like metho.

Tom

R

rave84

Sensor

Where do u spray to clean the sensor, I'll try this?? Ive had it reset aswel but still comes on after a couple of days. Have been told to replace the clock coil spring inside the steering colum. Pull the steering wheel off and its right there.
The part is: CLKSPR COIL ASM and its made in France!! About $110NZ