Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT and WH computers the same physically.

JoeNess

Reaction score
Gday
Im in the middle of a conversion putting a V6 from a WH statesman into my toyota hilux. Can anybody tell me if the ecu's are physically the same but with different programing or not??????

I pulled my WH ecu apart today and could not find the memcal that i need to have reprogrammed for the conversion.

Can anybody Help???????/

Cheers Joe

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
and they dont have a removable chip as such.... the computer has to be reflashed to suit what it has to be controlling

JoeNess

Reaction score
Gday
There is a mob on ebay selling "memcals" which they say can be programmed to suit individual applications. they are doing it on an exchange basis and the picture show a blue rectangular chip. Whats the go????

Joe

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
probably just flashing the ECU settings onto it and swapping it with yours.... cos im almost certain that its chip cant be removed easily

JoeNess

Reaction score
I hear what your saying. It looks to me that there is no removable parts. Ill have to get onto this bunch and find out what their on about!!!!

Thanks for the help
Joe

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
if it was from a late Wh it has the VX Flash PCM & needs to be flash programmed, what color are the connectors on the PCM?

Rob

JoeNess

Reaction score
Brown connector that takes 2 plugs and a light brown/tan connector takes one plug.

Cheers Joe

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
its a flash type & not many people can/are doing them.
Rob

JoeNess

Reaction score
Gday Rob
I picked up another PCM from a 2000 model VT this one has the memcal in it and the connectors are pink connector 2 plugs, blue connector 1 plug. Im sure i can get this PCM to work with my engine but...
Is the pin configurations different between the 2. If so do you have the pin out diagrams so i can modify my loom????

Cheers Joe