Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Berlina Series-II Air-Con & Dashboard Gauges Dead. Dash shows (ABS) & Airbag lights.

Mad87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT BerlinaSeriesII
Hi, I have a VT Berlina SeriesII, and have a problem with all the gauges & the air-con dead. Just happened today, was driving along, and it randomly sounded as though the air-con suddenly went on overdrive for a few seconds, then it and all the dash gauges went dead. I continued the trip, and whenever I came to a stop (red lights, stop signs etc) everything came back on..... ? When I accelerated again and when I was driving along, all went dead again.
Any help would be very much appreciated as I have a medical requirement for air-conditioning as I suffered 40% full-depth burns in a house fire & have trouble regulating my temperature (also just got a speeding ticket last week, so having the speed'o back would be fair helpful..).

Thanks in advance,
Matt

F l a k

Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR Exec
Might as well check the alternator charge rate then, quick and easy, multimeter on the battery with engine running and see how many volts you have. I'd have all the DTC's read, recorded and erased too. If it's some dead module then there mightn't be any communication with it which checking with a scan tool would show up.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
ABS module..google it. When they go they cause all sorts of dramas like this. Did you have warning buzzers going off too?