Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vt brake upgarde for vr calais

smoknvr:)

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 vr acclaim
hey folks as the title states im in need of some advice regarding a vt-vx supercharged xu6 front and rear caliper conversion on my vr Calais that has irs,i know i will need adapter rings to get the calipers to sit on the hub correctly,also will get longer front brake lines to suit the bigger caliper anything else i should be aware of before buying these????

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 vr acclaim
hmmm,rears sound like too much hassle.so in saying that would these front brake calipers be ok to use as they came off a car that had 17inch rims and my Calais has original 15inch rims,wondering about clearance issues with caliper to rim so nothing fouls in the front end????

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
VT came factory with 15" wheels. XU6 calipers shouldn't be any different to a regular VT.

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 vr acclaim
the guy who is selling them said they came off a car that had 17inch rims fitted,and as i already have front calipers i was just wanting the rear calipers to complete the conversion,but as its going to be too much hard work i will go for a set of slotted rears,overhaul the caliper,use good pads and with the braided brake lines i don't think there will be any issues in the braking department.