Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vt calais interior

jbangr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive V6
has anyone put the eseats in a vx exec or any exec? considering the change but not to sure how hard it would be cheers jay

VTLS1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S2 LS1 -VX S2 SS LS1
these been a few posts on this one dude. you would have no dramas at all putting any interior from a vt-vz in a vt . there are a few exceptions to the rule. vy-vz with some you may have to change seatbelt stalk pretensioners(difference in length of seatbelt stalk,usually easier to just swap the whole base over) statesman rear seats dont fit straight in a vt. vy-vz have 2 types of rear seats,the standard seats(3 piece) similar to vt & also fold down rear seats(2 piece). with the front seats in a calais you will have extra electric seat adjusters,this is where you will have the problem. if you want to use all the electric from a calais or even a statesman seat you will have to change all or part of the wiring loom to your seats. hope this helps you dude:)

jbangr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive V6
thanks mate very helpfull cheers

bhopper

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt spac supercharged 6,vp bt1 5.0,vyss lshulk
Hey guys no shouldnt be a problem as there is only +,- power runnng to the seats so it should be a straight swap thats what my pdf is telling me anyway ,and the passenger should be the same plug as drivers just have to get one and wire it up to the drivers seat for power.

JuzAndBec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina 3.8
Easy for the elecs - splice in 2 wires from the drivers seat and run over or around to the passenger side. Crimp on 2 shielded spade connectors and they both fit into the seat plug as it is a larger connector. No need for looms or buying plugs.

feg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S S/C
I'd imagine the easy part is power to the seats. To get the full functionality, IE the key, setting the seat for different drivers is where possibly a loom swap or BCM swap would come into it. Once you have the power settings I don't think it would be worth a bcm swap, Although I lobe the idea of two separate seat positions stored in memory, great for swapping drivers on road trips etc.