Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT commodore front indicators not working

jacobm

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS ute
Hello,

I have a 2000 model VT Commodore Wagon. The front indicators have stopped working and I can't find out why. When I check the voltage to the front bulbs it's only showing 6 volts. They do no work with the hazards turned on.

Thanks in advance for your help!

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Sometimes the hazard switches become faulty and get stuck in between on and off. Does it look like the hazard button is ok or stuck in a bit?
Try pressing it a few times and try the indicators each time. They are in the same circuit, hazards and blinkers.

jacobm

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS ute
Hazards seem fine, side panels and rear indicating as normal when that's on but still no front. However when indicate normally left or right ticking is super fast with side panels and rear indication and no front whatsoever.. changed bulbs thinking they'd possibly blown but still super fast ticking and no indication

jacobm

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS ute
Also seen a lot of threads about flasher unit would need replacing however would all not be faulty instead of just front if this was the case?

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
It does sound like a globe problem now. Has anyone been changing globes recently before this happened? Do the globes fit securely ?