Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vt commodore losing water

nathan_867

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt exec Wagon /Vn Exec / Vn Group A Mock Up
hey everyone my mum has a vt commodore an it seems to be losing water throught the exhaust can this happen an what causes this?? any help is appreciated :beer chug:

banga

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt berlina series 1
have a look under your oil cap and see if there is a milky residue,

VSColl

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Vacationer
have a look under your oil cap and see if there is a milky residue,

If there is it may indicate a blown head gasket...

Then again you may be seeing condensation out the exhaust.

VSColl

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Vacationer
i have a holden v6 vx 5 speed manual and when i shift from 2nd to 3d at 2 and a halt thousend it rise to 3 and a half thousend in sted of doping like it should it keeps doing it till 5th gear but when its cold it dops like a manual should till it warms yp a bit then it does the same thing ... and when i fill up my car tyes to stall and the reves rise worse when i shift gears and when i take of then stop the reves hold for a bit then go back to normal and there is nothing wrong with the computer i got it checked ive been to a few machanic places and they cant find out whats wrong so if you could help me find the problem it would be much appreciated...

I think you should make a new thread...

nathan_867

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt exec Wagon /Vn Exec / Vn Group A Mock Up
yeah we have checked under the oil cap an its fine. an a mechanic did a test of the heads an said they are fine.. it could be condensation but its a fair bit comin out an pretty constent.

tk55

Reaction score
Members Ride
'98 vt berlina
i've always thought that if water coming out of your exhaust means the fuel is getting burnt off efficiently. in chemistry, when you burn hydrocarbon (petrol) in sufficient oxygen, one of the by-product is water.

that's why in the morning you'll see a lot of car having water coming out of their exhaust. but once the exhaust system gets hot, all the water comes out as vapour.