Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vt commodore stopped wouldnt start but did 2 hours later any ideas ???????

Juduskiss

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt commodore
Hey there quick update got the car home died 3 times on the way home the only way I got it to go was to wiggle the dfi cables and then quickly start it and go haha so anyway chased down a used but good dfi module changed it over and all seems to be good I started it a few times and seems to be running fine gonna take it for a spin tonight or tomorrow and make sure but hopefully that's all it was fingers crossed will let you know if all is good cheers again mate for the info was very helpful you rock

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
there was a post a couple of years ago with a guy had similar problems. the wiring behind thermostat housing where spark plug leads run through had rubbed through and was shorting intermittently

Juduskiss

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt commodore
Thanks mate if I have anymore dramas with it that's the first place I will look cheers

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Hey there quick update got the car home died 3 times on the way home the only way I got it to go was to wiggle the dfi cables and then quickly start it and go haha so anyway chased down a used but good dfi module changed it over and all seems to be good I started it a few times and seems to be running fine gonna take it for a spin tonight or tomorrow and make sure but hopefully that's all it was fingers crossed will let you know if all is good cheers again mate for the info was very helpful you rock

Thats good news mate, I hope shes all fixed.

bones308

Reaction score
Members Ride
vts 1999 V6
hey there guys i have a question i drove my vt commodore 130km today with no issues i took a wrong turn went to turn around and the car stalled and wouldnt start again i did the paper clip test and it said 46 and 49 which is the cam and cranke angle sensor but i just had these two things replaced last week so anyway i went back to the car after lunch roughly 2 hours and the car started and i drove all the way home which is 130 km got home stopped it and started it no problems has anyone ever had these issues and what could be the problem cheers guys

don't forget to check the fuel pump ,as when they play up the connections short out when the wiring is warm
and when the wiring cools down 10- 15mins later the car will start up and drive only for a short while
its a bitch ,but, the fuel pump will test OK on the bench because there is nothing wrong with the pump only with the connections!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Juduskiss

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt commodore
hey there i think i have solved it now have been out for 2 drives today and no incident so i think its all fixed now i forgot to mention also it has a brand new fuel pump put it in 4 weeks ago so hopefully there is no issues there lol thanks for the feedback though