Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Cruise Control

Haltech 6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim & HSV XU6 VT II
This has probably been covered before but i could not find it.

I have a VT Acclaim series one, the cruise control has suddenly started playing up, sometimes it wont turn on at all and sometimes it will turn on and and set then suddenly drop out and turn off by itself. From reading I will check the brake lights and the plug on the module, my question is, I have a VTII HSV XU6 will the cruise control module from that work on the Acclaim just to use as a test to see if it is the module or will I need to get the BCM reprogrammed for the new module.

Cheers Chris.

edit: I just checked the brake lights and all 3 of them are working fine.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Nothing needs to be programmed but the modules need to be the same, that is the numbers must match.
I believe you have to remove the module to see the numbers.

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
Modules are the same for VN-VX that I know of (probably VY-VZ also), but randomly dropping out like that sounds more like the indicator stalk.
If you have another module to put in and try, it rules out that piece of the puzzle if the fault remains.

You don't have to remove the entire drive cable to the throttle body, just unclip it and flick up the adjuster.
From the module end, rotate the plastic connector and pull it out so you can undo the cable from the strap on the module.
When reinstalling adjust the cable until there's no slack and not opening the throttle and push the lock tab back into place.

Cruise is a separate system and not controlled by the BCM at all.
It only has power from the engine/body loom, a signal from the dash cluster, another to control the lights and brake switch, usually bullet proof.

Last edited:

Haltech 6

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cheers guys, I kind of ruled out the indicator stalk as It does not even turn on sometimes but when it does it will set fine and the drop out.

I guess I could always change the stalk as well from the other car if needed.

Cheers Chris

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
I had a WH statesman with the same issue (also had the high beams randomly flash around the same time). Turns out it was the stalk that was buggered. Grabbed one off eBay for ~$20, still working when I sold it three years later :)

Edit: just noticed you don't think it's the stalk...I'd still be swapping with the other car to make sure. Rule out the easy things first...The on/off button in the stalk could be ratshit causing random dropouts.

Haltech 6

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well I bow down to the knowledge of the group, I decided to change the stalk first, I cant believe how quick and easy it was, it took me all of 10 min and that includes pulling it out of the other car. I then took it for a 20 min drive and it worked perfectly didn't drop out switched on straight away so hopefully it is now fixed. The proof will be in the 5000km drive I am about to do to from Townsville to Puckapunyal and back.

Cheers Chris

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well I bow down to the knowledge of the group, I decided to change the stalk first, I cant believe how quick and easy it was, it took me all of 10 min and that includes pulling it out of the other car. I then took it for a 20 min drive and it worked perfectly didn't drop out switched on straight away so hopefully it is now fixed. The proof will be in the 5000km drive I am about to do to from Townsville to Puckapunyal and back.

Cheers Chris
Awesome mate! Glad we could be of assistance :) hopefully it keeps working for you.

Piss easy job apart from removing and refitting the bloody plastic steering column shroud lol.

Let us know how it goes on the trip :)

Haltech 6

Reaction score
Members Ride
Is it possible to get the switches rebuilt so it works again

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
Is it possible to get the switches rebuilt so it works again

Maybe, but for the price of a new stalk why would you bother?

They're about $20-$30 bucks on eBay.

Haltech 6

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeh fair enough I didnt even think to look on ebay I will check it out.
cheers