Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Ecotec prob

Helrza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Heya guys. Ive been lookin round this forum for quite a while. Congrats guys, some good sources of info here :)

I thought id finally join up today and see if one of u guys could help me out with a problem that ive got with my vt s. For some reason it stalls once the temp guage hits the 1/4 mark. If i let it sit for a minute and either wait till it goes above or below the 1/4 mark it'll start again. Ive been thinkin it could be the coolant temp sensor. Just a weird thing ive never seen b4. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

ACEMonkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 VT Acclaim S1
With the car off, press and hold Up and Mode buttons, then while still holding down those 2 buttons, turn your ignition on and start the car. You can release those buttons once the engine is running. Press Mode to get to coolant temperature display on your LCD screen, and keep an eye to see what temperature it is reading before your car stalls. Let us know how you go.

VH commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH and VT S2 Berlina ecotec
could have nothing to do with temp and be a faulty fuel pump...i have seen them run fine then just cut out randomly, then will work again a few mins later