Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT holden v6 lpg

JuzAndBec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina 3.8
Thanks for the info strgas, interesting to hear about the different views. Out of all the mixed messages I got, the most consistent was that the OMVL or Sprint was not a suitable application for the Commodore, mostly around power loss issues? The most recommended was IMPCO.... anyway. lets see how we go.

codeunknown

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S1 Commodore EXE 1999 with vx 3.8/auto
strgas.....had to step up given what he had remarked about another fitter work....bt1....:)
strgas was the only fitter to make comment and id the other fitters work as well.........
strgas has been the most outspoken fitter on here...thus far....:)

i agree wil juz.....the main fit kit mentioned for a commy is the impco
and the main reason given...is 2 fold...

1) its the easest for kit fitters to do and sine it was used by holden as guide for there installed ..why would you risk anything else.
2) we get them cheap and can give you good price on them with 3 years 100000km cover

the fellow kit fit gang......speil allot about the impco........
and the variation in cover is joke...based on the same system..... ranging from 12 months /20000km....
2 years ...40000km......to 3 year 100000km....

How on earth do any of you fitters...say that on the same kit pack....? really ?

And lets face it labour got it wrong with pink batts...and wrong with school building....it would not take too much of effort
do have look into the lgp fit stuff......
you can hardly find a customer that wont tell you there was issues until they found mr magic installer that at cost..fixed it...

i thought the deal juz got was top line....i thought he homeworked well.....i thought he got a score of a price....and he got questions answered without the big wall going up....and he got pictures.....
my god the guy got a trumps....
then strgas ......had a go at pictures.....and ripped it big time...
strgas has never stated where he fits...
dont recall bt1 stating either...

and you guys recon finding a fitter is easy.....R+E+A+L+L+Y
juz are you still getting the install there ?
whats the update mate....

strgas

GRA = REAL HP
Reaction score
Members Ride
MERC W124 / toys WB tonner WB Panelvan project
Compare a genuine holden impco kit fitted as per impco guidelines and it looks nothing like whats pictured , Holden wouldnt use an unrated FCV or mount the convertor the way its pictured , The line used by most fitters is that HOLDEN USE THIS SYSTEM . yet there after market kit it is nowhere the same as the factory fitted kit and will struggle to work the same as a factory kit .

follow this link and read this statement from IMPCO .
Propane Residuals

Not a significant difference to speak of. During the process of vaporization some heavy ends will collect within the regulator over time. This can be reduced by mounting the regulator with the outlet pointed down and if there are high coolant temperatures a "Thermstat" can be installed in the line coming out of the regulator which keeps the coolant at about 160° F in the regulator chamber.

codeunknown

Reaction score
Members Ride
strgas.....thanks mate for that.......i knew there be a difference..and i knew one of the storys we all heard would have been rubbish...
i wanted you to point it out...
so far i not seen the photos of the 2 .....
i mean i did see a holden fitted holden commy vt.....but the shots of the boot...of the tank is all i really saw.....and 2 shots of the filler...
1) was option same point stop
2) was an option different filler location...
both not real good

and a general shot of the under the bonnet ..standing 3 metres or more...away

and i got to say i seen the same sort of shots used my the gas kits i mentioned before...sprintgas and impco

so i was hoping soemone with a holden original would take pics and show and same deal with a impco...

and the link you provided is good ..and yes i have seen the site before ..and viewed.....i prob should of mentioned...the sludge
....but at the time ..it was not a big detail....
until now your pointed out the drain....
:)
thanks strgas.......:)

BT1-355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP BT1 & BLOWN STATESMAN
strgas.....had to step up given what he had remarked about another fitter work....bt1....:)
strgas was the only fitter to make comment and id the other fitters work as well.........
strgas has been the most outspoken fitter on here...thus far....:)

i agree wil juz.....the main fit kit mentioned for a commy is the impco
and the main reason given...is 2 fold...

1) its the easest for kit fitters to do and sine it was used by holden as guide for there installed ..why would you risk anything else.
2) we get them cheap and can give you good price on them with 3 years 100000km cover

the fellow kit fit gang......speil allot about the impco........
and the variation in cover is joke...based on the same system..... ranging from 12 months /20000km....
2 years ...40000km......to 3 year 100000km....

How on earth do any of you fitters...say that on the same kit pack....? really ?

And lets face it labour got it wrong with pink batts...and wrong with school building....it would not take too much of effort
do have look into the lgp fit stuff......
you can hardly find a customer that wont tell you there was issues until they found mr magic installer that at cost..fixed it...

i thought the deal juz got was top line....i thought he homeworked well.....i thought he got a score of a price....and he got questions answered without the big wall going up....and he got pictures.....
my god the guy got a trumps....
then strgas ......had a go at pictures.....and ripped it big time...
strgas has never stated where he fits...
dont recall bt1 stating either...

and you guys recon finding a fitter is easy.....R+E+A+L+L+Y
juz are you still getting the install there ?
whats the update mate....

codeunknown, yes i could go on here and starting on picking on other gas places job/workmanship etc etc. But i choice not too, why because i use this website too get information about certain cars, sell/buy a few used items and help other people out with there car probelems. I dont go on here to promote my bussiness, if someone wants my to do a gas conversion that fine i will PM my details and we will take it from there.... Mate if you want me to post a few photos of my gas conversion, thats fine i will do it...

codeunknown

Reaction score
Members Ride
bt1 i like you to post some of your installs here in the post ....
please do....:)

i like you get into the remarks about oher installers ....not just because strgas does...
but perhaps you might find other things .......
this present impco kit........that so many choose to opt for holden customers....

can you post a kit list for it ?
or strgas ?

or even instructions on the fitting...?

i tying to keep the thread on impco.....

and do you offer anywhere near the cover i mentioned ........a place that does it for unlimited kms 5 years..
i think that is the best cover i seen yet....

JuzAndBec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina 3.8
Yes still going ahead with the install tomorrow. You have to draw the line somewhere. I work in IT and it's the same thing: IBM/DELL/NEC/HP - all do very similar jobs but some people love a particular brand and the next guy won't touch it.....

The installer has 3 VT loan cars on gas with kays around 550K. I trust there is some degree of experience there. I have taken some pre-installation pics of my car and we'll see what comes back tomorrow.....

JuzAndBec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina 3.8
Just to clarify also, I never said the system was a Holden IMPCO kit, I said it was an IMPCO style that integrates into the fuel and trip computers in the same way as the Holden IMPCO so I would not expect his installation pics to look like a factory install.
The installer advised me of the various components he would use. I would not expect a genuine Holden factory kit for $2150! He was the only installer I could find that would use the fuel guage integration which is what I was after for under $2750

BT1-355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP BT1 & BLOWN STATESMAN
here is a photo of a FACTORY GAS from holden
IMG_1454.jpg

IMG_1456.jpg

IMG_1457.jpg