Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT manuals vs automatics produced

Snowfox

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Commodore SL
Just wondering if anyone can tell me how many VT V6 Commodores were made with manual vs automatic transmission or the ratio between the two. Apologies if this has been posted as I have searched and found no info on this. I'm in the market for a VT V6 and I have $10 000 to spend so it would be interesting to know how much fun I'll have trying to find a manual lol.

nicko

Carbon Positive - DO IT!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
75 cruiser ute
g'day there. i just bought my vt manual and i picked it up for 11gs from a yard with 70,000kms on it. i looked for manual vt for A LONG TIME and i pretty much gave up so i went to buy an auto vt and jst treat it bad until i could afford a VE. Any who that weekend i found 6 manual vt's in car yards. 4 of them S packs with under 150.000kms. al around 11-12 grand. just hang in there and u will find one mate, trust me its soooooo worth it.

cheers nick

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
I will offer my opinion here (cause I can!) having owned a manual V6 manual and driven quite a few autos, I am actually undecided at which is better overall. I am not saying the getrag box is crap, but I am saying the linkages are. Before my vt, I had a vg V6 manual with the T5 and I must say the shift is heaps better in the old T5. The linkage setup in the vt's really let it down, I've recieved more resistance when inserting a spoon into a bowl of yogo. Despite that, you do kind of get used to it and you can have fun with them. I'm just pointing out a few things. In the end, it's your decision.
Hope this helped :thumbsup:

HoldenMan7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6 SPEED MANUAL
Just wondering if anyone can tell me how many VT V6 Commodores were made with manual vs automatic transmission or the ratio between the two. Apologies if this has been posted as I have searched and found no info on this. I'm in the market for a VT V6 and I have $10 000 to spend so it would be interesting to know how much fun I'll have trying to find a manual lol.

Hey mate, took me about 3 months to find my manual VY S pak, and i dont regret waiting at all, was well worth the rate, ratio i think is like 1:500 manual been 1, 500 been auto

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
its more like 1:50 ( possibly less ) but the manual is rarer because the people who own them love them more:driving:

HoldenMan7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6 SPEED MANUAL
its more like 1:50 ( possibly less ) but the manual is rarer because the people who own them love them more:driving:

oh serious, i was talking to a dealer when i was looking for one and all of them said, theres like 1:500 ratio, this is for a VY though, though should be the same, though yeah

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
i does depend on the model, but i reckon ive seen close to a 1:50 ratio in SA, haven't really paid THAT much attention though.

Snowfox

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Commodore SL
Ok well thanks for all the input guys its much appreciated ! My budget is increasing and I'm also considering the VS so in any case I'll have to post some pix when I get the car although preferably with some goodies installed eg mags :)