Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT missing violently

J

jbean

Hi all. Missus has a vt 2000 6 cyl which 'misses' big time above approx 80 kph. Would new plug leads solve it? All I can think of at this point.

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
sounds like you have a tracking spark plug, try replacing the plugs first, but remember to clean out the leads where they go over the plugs.
just a hint start looking at the middle plug on the drivers side, dont ask why but its the most common one to track

Rob

hsvpgts

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II V6 Berlina
hey there :)
if you haven't done the work as yet give this a whirl - pull plug leads off one at a time and remove the end metallic type cap from lead and refit lead. start car and check if missing. if it is keep going until you find out which lead stops it. once located remove the plug and inspect for tracking (will have blackish kinda marks on porcelin part of plug. if it has tracking replace the plug and lead (you can get individual ones at holden as well as sets). problem solved.

HSVKEV260R8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY1 HSV Clubsport R8 M6
jbean said:
Hi all. Missus has a vt 2000 6 cyl which 'misses' big time above approx 80 kph. Would new plug leads solve it? All I can think of at this point.
Just out of interest, are you running original Delco plugs or NGK or Champion aftermarkets?? I ask this because I once used NGK's in my old VT1 and they broke down after 5000kms, causing it to misfire violently. Replaced them with Delcos and fixed it automatically forever.