Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Not running on all cylinders

shadowmaster

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Ute
I have an issue with my supercharged vt not running on all cylinders... If you take the power lead off the injector the revs don't drop down like all the other cylinders... Has anyone had this drama? What are the possibilities of an injector failing??

Lead is brand new and coil was checked and working

Tree cutter

Tree cutter
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais SuperchargedV6
What does the spark plug look like on that cylinder. Is it using any coolant that could be leaking through a blown inlet manifold gasket and fouling the spark plug. If the injector is blocked the spark plug tip will be a white colour.

som

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive
I've never had much luck checking coils so to be certain just swap 2 coils to see if it,s the same cylinder that's lacking power. As Tree cutter said,a white plug tip will tell you that your injector may be blocked.If it's an injector that's not a big deal either but you do want to know for sure which part is faulty before you spend "any" money.If per chance it is a coil,don't just buy 1.You probably are already aware that you can buy genuine coil packs,which will give you 3 coils and a DFI module,on line for less than the cost of 3 coils from your local Holden dealer.I'd try Holmart but there are others that are even cheaper.Good luck

shadowmaster

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Ute
There is no issue with blown head gasket, spark plug is new, it's not white but at the same time not dirty with fuel, it's just clean unlike all the others

v6nirvana

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr v6 navara
Hi there , did you ever find out the cause of this problem ? As i think i have the same issue
Thanks

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Might I suggest that you PM shadow master , it's a three year old post , so I'd say he or she has fixed the issue

tezaus

Reaction score
Members Ride
toyota hilux with ecotec v6
Iv got similar issues with my vt 2000 model engin in my 1990 toyota hilux
just changed engine mounts and problem started not long after
sincr then iv changed spark plugs and leads with no change next I think ill check the coil packs tomorrow then move onto the iac idle air control then move onto other maybe causes
let us know v6nirvana