Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vt over heating.

ItsTheFlash

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim
With the hot weather around combned with stop start city traffic my vt 6cyl is starting to heat up. I've replaced the hoses, fully flushed the system with fresh coolant, all fluids are up to date. I've also changed the thermostat and gasket.

My fans seem to be switching on.
What options do I hve? New radiator? Twin fans?

180sc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais & vh sl
It should have twin fans on it. when cold run it untill fans come on to make sure they are working fine if so make sure you have bled the cooling system properly as to make sure it doesnt have an air lock or the like. failing that check if it has any error codes coming up for possible sensor failure failing even that take it to a radiator shop and make get them to check it out for possible blocked radiator.

banga

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt berlina series 1
sounds like you need the radiator taken out ,and cleaned out , you wont remove all the crap that sticks in the tubes by just changing the coolant , if you take it out urself and take it to a radiator shop itll save you a few bob

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Also check out your cars running temp in the trip display. If it's above 105 deg with no fans and only going up, you are in it.

Trevor 062

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE S2 SSV REDLINE & 07 VZ ACCLAIM WAGON
Make sure you change your heater taps whilst your puting on new hoses etc etc.