Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Rear Camber Issues = FE2 Springs Require Camber Kit?

schrinky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore Executive 9C1
fitted i was quoted for a nothethane about 350, its worth it....plus you will be able to get it back if you convince some idiot kid who's just about to get his P's that its like awesome and fully sick!!!! :)

rb26dett

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS S2 A4
I run low king springs on mine without a camber kit, and the tyre wear is alot better than when I first got it with super lows in it. With the lows the wear looks fairly even.

Puma

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Well I fitted the FE2's to the rear tonight and I have it going to the shop it get it measured on Saturday to see what the rear camber is.

Will let you all know what the outcome is.

Cheers

Edit here are some before an after photo's

Pedders 2643 in the rear (This has 3 degrees cambers)
photo-1.jpg

FE2 Rear (Getting camber checked on Saturday)
photo-1-1.jpg

Last edited:

Puma

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Ok well it looks like I am back to the drawing board. Had the car checked out and it is at about -2.8ish it appears the springs have helped a bit however the tire shop said with the lager thicker wheels now it is putting more strain on the rear end and forcing more camber.

Well I guess it's a camber kit or I will have to go buy some stock wheels and put the standard springs back in.. STUFF THAT!!

I am looking at this kit of $155. 4 Point Camber Kit if this is the kit that I need then it seems pretty easy to do I would be able to fit that at home take a look at this thread for fitting. Rear Camber Kit fitting personally I wouldn't take the link off the end of the car to fit them as it would be way too much work you would be able to do it still on the car.

What do people think of these kits.. I had a look at the kmac one fo $295 and well it is pretty much the same thing going by their photo all they do is give you tool to take the others out but why would you bother? You are not going to need them anymore so I would just hack them up so that you can pop them out easily.

Last edited:

sus_038

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S-Pack S2
I have this issue as well, iv got 18s on my S-Pack and i chew thru tyres like crazy iv been told i should get a camber kit but cbf atm as new 235/45/18s are only 110$ so its cheap to replace, or i just rotate them on a regular basis... good-luck find a solution mate :)

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
Unfortunately for VT-VX1 owners this is always going to be a problem even on unmodified std cars and usually require fitment of some kind of camber kit if you want to save your tyres.
The best solution as stated br Scrinky is the fitment of a later VX2-VY2 rear cradle with toe adjustment links.

Mick1988

W.A. Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.sarichtechnology.com
Members Ride
Too many to list......
Cheaper alternative is to put a VXII IRS setup on it with adjustable camber. Not as good as a camber kit but my car is on ultras and has done 10,000 and still good tread on my tires even after a few skids.

Puma

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Bought myself a camber kit from egay for $160 I am going to fit it myself and then get it aligned so for around $200 hopfully the problem will be fixed.

If not I will push the thing off a bloddy cliff.

nathan549

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt II s pack
whats better to do get a vxII-vyII rear cradle with toe adjustment links fitted (also anyone know how much to get one and fitted?) or get a camber kit?