Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vt rear left door problems

SE85VT

LOVE MY VT LOVE AUSTRALIA
Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 V6 VT BERLINA
ok so about a week ago the window would not go down or up unless the door was open to its full extent i had a few ideas as to what it might be, the wiering being my first then about 2 days later i locked the car and the horn beeped once with means there wasnt a door shut somewhere looked at all doors and they where shut so unlocked the car and locked it again same result then realised that the rear left door was not locked and that it wouldnt lock so manualy looked it and left it seeing it was 11 at night. so today i pulled the door apart and got the wireing harness out and photos show what it looked like my problem now is a. i dont know what caused it and b. im not sure if these are even supposto be connected as they have such clean breaks?? any help would be great thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_1542.jpg
    IMG_1542.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 299
  • IMG_1543.jpg
    IMG_1543.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 299

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Constant opening and closing of the door can cause the wires to break. All the wires should be connected. I suggest you buy a new door loom.

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
ok so about a week ago the window would not go down or up unless the door was open to its full extent i had a few ideas as to what it might be, the wiering being my first then about 2 days later i locked the car and the horn beeped once with means there wasnt a door shut somewhere looked at all doors and they where shut so unlocked the car and locked it again same result then realised that the rear left door was not locked and that it wouldnt lock so manualy looked it and left it seeing it was 11 at night. so today i pulled the door apart and got the wireing harness out and photos show what it looked like my problem now is a. i dont know what caused it and b. im not sure if these are even supposto be connected as they have such clean breaks?? any help would be great thanks.

Common problem with VT's mine broke in exactly the same spot. You can either replace the loom or I soldered mine back together. And it's be fine ever since.

bones308

Reaction score
Members Ride
vts 1999 V6
hi
what's involed in changing back door loom (with Central locking,power windows)

thanks
bones308

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
hi
what's involed in changing back door loom (with Central locking,power windows)

thanks
bones308
Quite easy really, just a matter of taking the door trim off, unplugging the loom at the body (the plugs differ from series 1 to series 2 so they unplug differently from each other, series 1 unplugs at he body, series 2 has a connector behind the grommet part of the rubber boot), then unplug all the connectors in the door (central locking, mirror, speaker,power window and anything else I might have missed. Then you need to remove all the cable tie things that plug into the little holes in the door to keep the loom in place. You can just break them all off if you are going to put a new loom in anyway. You can then just pull the loom out and put the new one in in the reverse order.