Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vt rear power windows dont work

98vtberinla

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt berlina
hi my vt berlina rear power windows one doesnt work at all and one sticks goes slow and doesnt work at all sometimes just wanted to know how i would go about finding the cause of the problem,how do u tell if the switch in the center console or the switch on the door is the problem or if its the regulators or that kind of thing anyway any help would be much appriciated

VYHDT

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY HDT
from vt-vz the door switch on the rear doors conrtol the centre console switches ( ASR Phreddy taught me this :) )
I suggest that the one that doesnt work at all swap the swith over from the one that sometimes works.. if it doesnt work at all after a couple of goes than it just might be a problem with in the doors such as regulators/motors

M

mwb235

Just my suggestion - if your rear window glass moves really slowly, it can usually be fixed by putting some graphite powder in the runners (you need to remove door trims to access these), then operating the windows up & down several times until the friction lessens (best done with engine running to save battery). This worked on my VT. But if your glass doesn't move at all then it'll be an issue with the wiring or window regulators/motors as suggested above.

98vtberinla

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt berlina
thanks, how do i swap the rear door switches over how do u pop them out??