Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vt rwc list

Blackvs96

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs 96
I've searched around and there's no how to's on replacing the bump stop, would someone be able to kindly give me a quick guide to removing the front bump stop and installing it.

slowandlow

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy executive
how long ago did you buy it? im pretty sure you can transfer the car into your name by paying the transfer fee and filling out the forms at vicroads, then go back with the RWC at a later stage (gives you about 30 days from the date you transfer). i would at least give it a try that way. the worst vicroads can say is "no, come back with a rwc". but im sure you can do it. i did it recently with a car i bought, the only reason i might be able to think of is i bought mine from a lmct. i really think its worth a try though. with the wagon i just bought, nobody even came out to inspect the engine number when i did the transfer

slowandlow

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy executive
theres some cheap windscreen places out dandenong way. i got one from a1 winscreens in hallam a few years ago for $220 fitted. i think you will find the further you get out of the city area the cheaper they will be. heres A1 windscreens phone number for you to call and check prices if you want 9703 2221 also maybee go to jolly roger pick a part style wreckers in greens road dandenong if you go out that way for you windscreen. you might be able to get a good power steering rack off a car there, you would need to remove it from the car yourself though. it should be pretty easy though if you spot a vt there with the motor out already. the parts there are usually pretty cheap. can give you the number of a guy that will do a lenient RWC out that way too for about $300 if you ask him nicely and he is in the mood (even with the new RWC rules). if that might get you out of trouble PM me and i can give you the number. that way you could fix the easy things, and just degrease the leaks for now and change that stuff when you get more cash spare

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
The list is not that bad to be perfectly honest. The biggest one being the steering rack... although I would question whats wrong with the one it?

Steering wheel padding... is it the centre pad? Replace it from the wreckers, just not the whole wheel or is the grip around the wheel itself? In which case, a syringe filled with superglue poked in several places works wonder... $5 fix! Syringes from the chemist for diabetes injections and superglue from the supermarket!.... this reminds me, gotta do my VT!

Headlight alignment... yep, you got the ADRs and to be perfectly honest, you will probably find the getting the level right without the left right will get you through. But try to do it properly, it doesn't cost anything to fix, just a little bit of time.

Headlight polish... Someone mentioned before about the toothpaste. True story! Toothpaste is a slight abrasive so just keep rubbing, you'll get them back to near new.

Windscreen... Got insurance on the car yet? If not, call your smaller shops, Windscreens O'Brien charge like wounded bulls because they mainly do insurance jobs and typically use better glass, have a better supplier and offer better warranties. Just need to get the job done? Call your locals fellows, check Gumtree.

Rear wheel stud... Not the easiest job to do on a VT if you don't have the right tools as it requires removal of the hub, smacking out the broken one and hammering in the new one. I can shoot you the pages of the hub removal if you like.

Tyres... Seriously, check the wreckers.

Steering rack... Whats wrong with yours? Where is it leaking from? It's amazing what you can do with a can of degreaser and can of clear coat when it's dry.... did I say that out loud?

Transmission extension seal... Not sure

Power steering leak... Probably the crush washer underneath. Undo the hose (the one that is the wettest), take out the copper washer, head to your local autoparts store and give them 50c (bloody ripoff!) for one that matches, when putting it back in, make sure everything is completely clean.

Radiator needs mounting... Picture?

Fuel filter... Zip tie it back down.

Bump stop... wrecker job again. From memory, they unscrew. They are not attached to the struts.

Blackvs96

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs 96
The list is not that bad to be perfectly honest. The biggest one being the steering rack... although I would question whats wrong with the one it?

Steering wheel padding... is it the centre pad? Replace it from the wreckers, just not the whole wheel or is the grip around the wheel itself? In which case, a syringe filled with superglue poked in several places works wonder... $5 fix! Syringes from the chemist for diabetes injections and superglue from the supermarket!.... this reminds me, gotta do my VT!

Headlight alignment... yep, you got the ADRs and to be perfectly honest, you will probably find the getting the level right without the left right will get you through. But try to do it properly, it doesn't cost anything to fix, just a little bit of time.

Headlight polish... Someone mentioned before about the toothpaste. True story! Toothpaste is a slight abrasive so just keep rubbing, you'll get them back to near new.

Windscreen... Got insurance on the car yet? If not, call your smaller shops, Windscreens O'Brien charge like wounded bulls because they mainly do insurance jobs and typically use better glass, have a better supplier and offer better warranties. Just need to get the job done? Call your locals fellows, check Gumtree.

Rear wheel stud... Not the easiest job to do on a VT if you don't have the right tools as it requires removal of the hub, smacking out the broken one and hammering in the new one. I can shoot you the pages of the hub removal if you like.

Tyres... Seriously, check the wreckers.

Steering rack... Whats wrong with yours? Where is it leaking from? It's amazing what you can do with a can of degreaser and can of clear coat when it's dry.... did I say that out loud?

Transmission extension seal... Not sure

Power steering leak... Probably the crush washer underneath. Undo the hose (the one that is the wettest), take out the copper washer, head to your local autoparts store and give them 50c (bloody ripoff!) for one that matches, when putting it back in, make sure everything is completely clean.

Radiator needs mounting... Picture?

Fuel filter... Zip tie it back down.

Bump stop... wrecker job again. From memory, they unscrew. They are not attached to the struts.

Thanks for te reply, I've fixed the radiator, windscreen getting it repaired today for $90, put a new wheel stud,

They say tat bump stop needs replacing but dont know where it is, do I hav to remove strut. Where abouts is it, if someone can tell me that would be very kind of you, also it needs new boot the power steering rack, also they say its leaking, so I Hugh easiest way is get steering rack.

My only problem is sorting out the wheels and getting the bump stop fixed and transmission extension seal.

I copped the most rip off rwc garage ever. Never gotto repco in church st, Richmond. They cost only $160 to do the check but damn do they pick on everything

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
They say tat bump stop needs replacing but dont know where it is, do I hav to remove strut. Where abouts is it, if someone can tell me that would be very kind of you, also it needs new boot the power steering rack, also they say its leaking, so I Hugh easiest way is get steering rack.

bump stop is inside the strut. itll need to be taken out and pulled apart

steering rack boot is easily done on the car. mark the tie rod end, unscrew it, undo the clips holden on the dead boot, remove boot, refit new boot, refit clips, refit tie rod end, adjust to marked position. done.