Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT S Pack.. Factory no fog lights.. but looks like wiring is there?

callum_88

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec 5 spd/ VZ SS 6 spd 6ltr
Where do these wires go to from the switch? Straight to the relay or to another couple of things?

jazza15

Jarryd
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 VT II S
This factory loom was in all series 2's and some series 1's as due to fleet sales (execs) they usually ran out of the standard looms and had to put in the ones with this fog light connector. When they bought in the series 2, they just made them all like this (with the connector for fog lights).
As for installing fog lights, if you have the loom, you will need the fog light switch and relay, in addition to fog lights.
Then it is just a matter of plug and play.
You will need to cut a hole to fit the bezzel which fits the fog light switch (same as the hazzard light switch - most likely works the same too, just has different symbol)

Hsv84

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt s2 spac but looks like a vx clubby
Vt spac fog light wiring

In the dash (as I had a VT Exec and looked at it myself) you need the foglight switch AND the wiring harness that connects directly to the back of it. Will need to be soldered in from memory, so no the switch wiring isn't terminated. The rest of the wiring is good to go... oh and you'll need the foglight brackets too!

Cutting the hole in the dash cover isn't as easy as it sounds, the switch is a peculiar shape, which you will find out when you buy one. :)

So I found all wiring got the relay and switch but for some reason there is constant power ???