Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT SC and VY 5 speed

nicko451

Nicko
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive V6 5Spd
ive got a vy 5spd with pacemakers and i drove my parents car which is a vt SC 6 and i couldnt really tell which was faster! what would anyone else think?

HoldenMan7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6 SPEED MANUAL
ive got a vy 5spd with pacemakers and i drove my parents car which is a vt SC 6 and i couldnt really tell which was faster! what would anyone else think?

The VT mate, stock they run like a 7.2, 0-100, and the VY manual run about a 8.5, with the paccy's you might run a 8 flat or low 8

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
as said before... stock for stock the super6 will go faster.

To get a VY 5speed beating a vt6 ur lookin at pretty much all the bolt-ons i have on my vx 5spd.

That said, if u put an equal amount into a super6 and a VY 5spd the super six would be uncatchable.... unless it had no tyres or something! lol

If ur after the quicker and more potential in bang for buck power, the super6.

But, although i love power and had the option of a super6 VX and a 5spd VX i prefer the feel and shift control from a maunal box... though this is a personal taste and each to their own

HoldenMan7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6 SPEED MANUAL
as said before... stock for stock the super6 will go faster.

To get a VY 5speed beating a vt6 ur lookin at pretty much all the bolt-ons i have on my vx 5spd.

That said, if u put an equal amount into a super6 and a VY 5spd the super six would be uncatchable.... unless it had no tyres or something! lol

If ur after the quicker and more potential in bang for buck power, the super6.

But, although i love power and had the option of a super6 VX and a 5spd VX i prefer the feel and shift control from a maunal box... though this is a personal taste and each to their own

Yeah thats why i went for my VY 5 speed, didnt want an auto even though it had the S/C, option

nicko451

Nicko
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive V6 5Spd
got tem both dyno'd and the VY was 10rwhp up on the VT-S6

SAV_117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V8 Calais
i was gonna say it might be because vt is older yes loses power with age??

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
10rwhp= 7.456999rwkw so it's probably not enough to make a difference. The VY would be nice to drive but put a smaller pulley on the VT and the balance will shift

nicko451

Nicko
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive V6 5Spd
10rwhp= 7.456999rwkw so it's probably not enough to make a difference. The VY would be nice to drive but put a smaller pulley on the VT and the balance will shift

yeah! i have a YT pully but havent put it on!
Am probably going to have to selll the ol VT soon! So am giving the pully to a mate with a Stato(VS year)