Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vt seats in Vs

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VE SportWagon International A4
sircruisealotVS said:
Bt1 VR has hit the nail on the head all ya gotta do is put your seat rails onto the new seats and there will be no worries.
that is ofcourse considering u can get them off (sometimes they can be a real prick)
ive broken an allen key doin this b4.

Click on the scales then, :whistling only need a few more rep point to move to Berlina.

brenz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Calais
Mate those rails have to be the worst thing to take off in the car, i just stripped my brothers vp calais and the hardest to take out of the whole interior was the seats by far, i spent atleast 20mins on each seat it was a fkn pain. Thank god i didnt have to take the rails off the seats who knows how much more trouble i would be in. But if you want the seats im sure you will be willing enough to put a bit of time and effort into it.

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
u said it brenz!
it is so figgen annoy sittin there with an allen key tryin get those bolts out..
then once i got my seats out i had to change over a rail for the new seats (it was cracked,got the seats from a wreckers).
so yeah it's fun all round gettin em out.

brenz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Calais
How was it when you had to do that flamin allen key bolt up whn you put your seats back in? It would of been an extremely frustrating few minutes.

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
BT1 VR said:
Click on the scales then, :whistling only need a few more rep point to move to Berlina.

can i ask, wot are scales :S

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
hell yeah,puttin back in sucks just as much...u gotta search around under the carpet for the tiny hole to line the bolt up.
i recommend patience,a whole lot of it!

menzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 Omega
VZ Monaro seats in my VR

ok its not just a matter of bolting them in or just changing the rails over..

VT-VZ have the same rails so to put them into anything earlier requires trimming the VT rails down and drilling mounting holes through the bottom of the rails...

The rears require changing over the metal frame under the seat to the VR VS Frame and that requires a ringing gun the refit the VY trim to the VY foam and then to the VR rail. the backs will just bolt in...

once done it looks great...

I have put VZ Monaro Leather seats in my VR...

Have a look here

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/showthread.php?t=13760