Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Shudder at 100 kph

C-change

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6 Wagon
Problem solved, it was the bloody tyres.

Boys started on the shocks and replaced rear shocks and went for a drive, still shuddered. Went back and had set of new steel rims, fitted new tyres and went for a drive, no shudder. Then put my tyres (bought Dec) on new rims, went for a drive and shudder was back. Put new tyres on my rims after checking rim balance, without tyres, and no shudder. Back up on hoist and replaced new rear shocks with my old ones and no shudder (if they called I would have left new shocks on and saved some work but no probs).

So problem solved. Whilst the tyre manufacturer is a fault, I must thank the boys that worked on it today and last week. Probably 10-12 hours work and for no charge. Probably fair enough to expect that but would also have been very easy to charge for shocks and then replace other stuff trying to solve this problem.

Will certainly be back for more work in the future and its nice to have the old girl running smoothly again.

LowVtWagon

LowVtWagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VT Acclaim Wagon
hope ur took the tyres back and got brand new ones fitted!!!!

C-change

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6 Wagon
Yes mate, sure did. The blokes that did the work also fitted the tyres. They're a Bridgestone tyre centre so they took care of it. They're sending old tyres back to Bridgestone to check them out. Same brand of tyre fitted and no drama's with em so must have just got a couple of crap ones back in Decemeber. All good now.