Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Steering Rack

Mirkz

Reaction score
Members Ride
GSXR1000
Hey guys,

Looking to fix my power steering rack which has a serious leak at the moment.

Just wondering on everyone's opinion.
Is Recon as good as new ? anywhere in particular anyone can recommend (preferrably Perth based, but will consider elsewhere).

Thanks!

2DIE

ONEDOLLAHOLLA
Reaction score
Website
www.torn.com
Members Ride
97 Acclaim
Sorry I cant help but have a look on ebay, seems to be around $100 for 2nd hand and not much more for a reco one, saw a genuine new one for $350.

Im pretty sure any mechanic could install it once you have it in your hands but the reconditioning of a steering rack would be very expensive for them to do.

spectral

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY2 Calais L67, VT Berlina L36
Where is it leaking from? I just had a VT Berlina up on the hoist and I thought it was coming out the boot, but it was actually a split flare on the tube not giving a good seal, and the fluid slowly runs around the body of the rack and dribbles onto the boot.

Mirkz

Reaction score
Members Ride
GSXR1000
Definitely the rack that's gone. It leaks fluid into the boot (quite badly).
Had a couple mechanics check it out and confirm it's the rack that's gone and nothing else, Pump was replaced just prior to me getting the car in May.

Cheers for the heads up about recond.
Will def check those out I think rather than getting it rebuilt. Got a mechanic friend who will do it.