Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Suspension question

Veetee89

Just a boy with his toys
Reaction score
Members Ride
'98 VT Acclaim Ecotec
Hey I've got a 98 acclaim riding on standard suspension and 17 inch rims..

Thinking about getting super low springs... Just wondering what i would need to do/buy and what some of the best brands are :)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

VTS5

TechJunkie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA 3.6L Dual Fuel
Mate,dont get me wrong but,i wouldnt,unless u wanna scrape just about everything you drive on.I just pulled my Pedders Super Low / Low springs out and installed original FE2 kings back on.If you were in NSW i'll give you these for the fraction of the cost.

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
this guys joking

i had King spring SSL's all round, equivelant of Ultralows. Hardly scraped as long as you didnt take kerbs like a douche.

I recommend personally either Kings or Lovells

kangavxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
If you dont wanna spend too much pedders touring are ok. Top of Wheel sits just level with top of wheel arch so gets rid of the gap without being too low. You may need a camber kit so ur tyres dont wear unevenly.

tdirago

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive
Mate,dont get me wrong but,i wouldnt,unless u wanna scrape just about everything you drive on.I just pulled my Pedders Super Low / Low springs out and installed original FE2 kings back on.If you were in NSW i'll give you these for the fraction of the cost.

I lol'd

u wont scrape with superlows at all mate, nething lower and you're pushing it with the law and possible scrapage

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
you also run the risk of wondering why you bothered, SSL's ftwfw.

VTS5

TechJunkie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA 3.6L Dual Fuel
this guys joking

i had King spring SSL's all round, equivelant of Ultralows. Hardly scraped as long as you didnt take kerbs like a douche.

I recommend personally either Kings or Lovells

You can laugh till turn blue,but im not joking,i want a drive a car,not ride a lizard,,dont want a look like im wearing my pants half mast and my cap sideways,couldnt go over a speed hump unless come to a dead stop,couldnt go in and out of most driveways,going over train tracks was pain in the back end,i certainly didnt meant driving on the hume hwy.You dont see many good cars dragging their asses around do you?Unless its a dufduf box' .

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
You dont see many good cars dragging their asses around do you?

Yes. I wouldnt call my car ****.

Properly set up you can get a good ride out of SSL's. Out of curiousity did you change the shocks, bushes, swaybars, etc.

VTS5

TechJunkie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA 3.6L Dual Fuel
Yes. I wouldnt call my car ****.

Properly set up you can get a good ride out of SSL's. Out of curiousity did you change the shocks, bushes, swaybars, etc.

There is no proper setup for riding low..Change/replace everything,its still low and when you come to climing something it will scrape.FYI,yes,pedders FE2 shocks and King springs ,yes,pedders bushes,15mm. pedders link pins and just about every rubberised bush on the front end while replacing the springs.Cause,as i said, i wanna drive a car.

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
Well your first mistake is going to Pedders.

Scrape schmape, i had SL's before and never scraped on ****. SSL's had to be careful and take bumps on an angle, but wouldnt scrape. Beats me how you scraped with SL's unless you were taking bumps at 50kph.

I had SSL's with superpro bushes, whiteline 30mm front 28mm rear swaybar, and the car handled beautifully. i can only imagine how much better it would have performed with better shocks.