Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Temp problems?

Noy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS 5.0
Hi guys I just had a leak coming from my heater tap, so I just replaced that and that fixed the leak and the short trip overheats. But now I have a feeling my thermos are playing up, it will heat up to half way for 2 mins than the thermo s will kick in and drop the temp, and does it about twice everytime I drive.

Last week we only seen 1 spinning when she was hot before the leak was fixed, why is there only 1 spinning?

Thanks

djlingard

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
One will kick in to cool your car the other is for your air-con. You may have to bleed you cooling system to remove any air clots as well.

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
when it gets hot only one will kick in and drop temps
thats normal for this to happen
bt yes bleed the air out run car open screw ontop of thermostat till bubbles stop coming out and ya see water
if your worried about temp when starting car press mode and up at same time and scroll through till temp shows up and go for drive it should read 92 ish and should go up to 104 then 1 fan will kick in and drop back to 96 ish and so on
hope this helps

Noy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS 5.0
Thanks fellas, yeh ill flush it tomorrow and see how she goes. I take that as a good reason because I re-filled the coolant about 5 times due to the leak and probably to much air in it + needs a flush all my good coolant is gone.