Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT thermos vs AU thermos

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
hey hey, looking to upgrade my thermos, keep the temps down a lil when the cars at the lights.. (yes were coming up to winter)

just wondering if any one with a VR/S thats upgraded there fans to twin AU or even VT?

VT/X owners, wanting to know if u've noticed any differences changing to AU fans or does the twins thermos keep the temps down enough?

EDIT: twin AU, EF or EL thermos are possiblities too

looking forward to ur replies. ;)
Cheers

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
my vt twins work fine i dont know why anyone would change to au ones what a watse time
they cut in right on cue and drop temps very fast
i also put a switch in to make them come on when i want them too and drops fast also

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
thanks daron. without flicking the switch urself, on a hot day sitting at the lights would temps shoot up or rise up a lil then drop back down to 'noraml'?

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
they will always go up but then fans cut in and they drop within 1 min down to normal again
ideal temp is 88 the thermos are 91 they both cut in at 104 sounds high but its not
if ya want to go cooler get 81o thermostst but it will still creep up high on hot day at lights

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
cool thanks daron, can u take a few measurements of height/length or ur thermos.. hearing a romour they're quite large.

any else with different than stock thermos running in there rig?
need some more imput :)

noooooooo disassemble!

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Use the AU/BA/BF ones for your car. They fit easier then the VT onwards ones and flow better..............but there should be no reason on a basic 6. If it's overheating there is a problem elsewhere.

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
how do you work out au/ba is better flow mine fill the hole radiator and cool within seconds and fit nicelyi cant see ow au/ba is easyer to git and flow better

pumba

OMR346
Reaction score
Website
www.mh-performance.com
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
the ford twin thermos spin faster then the holden thermos apparently. ive been told to get the EL twin thermos as they are an 8 fin fan instead of a 6 fin fan like the AU/BA/BF.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
daron i think AirStrike is refering to the VN-VS range of radiator, from what i hear its smaller than the VT's, so maybe the VT thermos will need more modding to get to fit..

could someone grab some measurements for the VT therms.. greatly appreciated!

STL.THY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP.S2 Berlina with VS.S3 V6 5spd S/C
hey guys i recently took out my vp berlina 6cyl and put in a VS series 3 v6 ecotec.my last one had twin davies craig 10" thermo's and when it was all taken out i went with a new set of davies' cause the last ones never gave me any trouble.ive still got all the stuff so if anyone would like to buy them ill take 100ono, theres a davies single goen for 45 on ebay so im open for offers but this is a Quality brand and retail for over 100 each so if your wanting something cooler than standard stuf let us know