Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vt trans not going into 4th (D) untill 75kms an hour.drops back to 3rd under that

matsingo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt v6
my vt wont hold in d 4th untill im at 75kms an hour or more..under that it kicks back to 3rd ..fluid is good and correct level..was always serviced before i got it

som

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive
I've been wrong before but I think that in this instance,if you fit a new set of leads and plugs and see if you can borrow a coil pack to check your coils and DFI(before actually buying them)there's more than a small chance that your tranny will come back to life There are heaps of threads on this that you can check out.At the end of the day you won't have 'wasted' a cent.Good luck

matsingo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt v6
engine runs fine.its just the transmission not going into 4th untill atleast 75kms hour or at low idle coasting along at 6 with no accelarator..add gas it goes to third try idle it holds 3rd....do you no if a vs 7hdd auto will work in vt

1_johnboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
11` VE Omega
I had this issue a few years back with a old vt. Turned out the auto was slipping.nthe transmission joint told me that it the box/ecu detects the box slipping it can lock out 4th gear and stop the torque converter for locking up.
Best get a transmission joint to look at it

matsingo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt v6
cheaper just to get a good seconhand box i think..iv got a vs one 7hdd just dont no if i can use it.iv heard others useing vt autos on vs

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
check for error codes and see what pops up.