Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT V6 Auto - Splutter/Stalling on start up bad fuel??

jamiev90

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais V6
Hi Guys,

All of a sudden since i fueled up at my usual service station, my car has been acting abit weird.

The day after i fueled up, i went to start my car (after work and after driving 40km's) so the engine wasn't cold, it kinda of started/spluttered and shoke and then shut down, second time it did it but it held the constant shaking/spluttering and as soon as i tried to get it a little revs it shut down, third or fourth go it worked fine, and then did so for about 3 days,

this morning the same thing has started happening again, and then it runs fine..

any suggestions what it could be? could bad fuel be the cause?

Thanks,

Jamie

paulsautoelec

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr ute
have a look at your iac (idle air control) meter on the throttle body clean with carb cleaner . be careful not to move the pintle.

S.T.K.E

Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 D22 Navara Dual Cab 4x4
I have been having a similar problem, just wondering if you have found a solution to this before i start pissing money away fixing s simple problem. i was possibly thinking injectors

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Something that may or may not help. There is a pipe on the bottom of the throttle body, with a elbow connecting the pipe to the TB. It seems to be a Ecotec problem that this hose comes off quite often, and causing the car to run really rich. On my car it has come off twice, first time costing my a new cat, and it came of my parents car this morning. I think this hose is the fuel pressure vaucuum (?) hose or something. Worth a check. Also worth it for evryone with Ecotec to zip tie this damn hose.

jamiev90

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais V6
still no fix yet, have just spluttered and died on starting up, as soon as i touch revs it just cuts off.

did it to many times, battery now flat, RAC on their way -_-

krussell76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX commodore
Fuel pump, or maybe crank angle sensor

jamiev90

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais V6
definetely fuel pump in my situation, RAC bloke got under the car and asked me to try and start it, will hitting the fuel pump and it started fine.

KiwiCarpenter

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VS1995
Thanks

That is definitely the problem with my commodore VS, it has a short pipe with a 90degree bend on it but it just stops and goes no where. When I put my finger over the pipe, the car runs fine. When I take it off it stalls. Can you explain where the pipe is meant to go?

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
It goes to the purge valve solenoid down behind the drivers side head. Should be a long black pipe.