Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT - VX Faults

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoshsVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Exec S2
can anybody tell me how to check the fault codes on my vt v6 it's just started idling rough like its fueling up. any ideas

With the car turned off, hold down the MODE and UP buttons together, while turning the ignition key to ON, then release. press mode 12 times to get to the error code screen. If it says t00 --, the comp has not registered any errors. hope that what ya mean :thumbsup:

phoneman_nz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim
With the boot leaking, when the boot is open have a look at the bottom rim, you should find a bogged up hole on either side that you can push a tiny wire or screwdriver through and then the wayer can run out when the boot lid is down. Used to pee me off and I was gunna drill a hole but no need.

y-b-jls-4

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore S
Ok after a few PM's asking me how this is done, thought I might place a few pics and steps up of how to replace
this latch. Sorry for the limited pics, was running out of battery power, but hopefully you get the general idea.

Pic1.

Open up the dash bin, and in the left hand corner you will see a pin. Remove this pin, it simply just slides
out of place.

Pic2.

Once the pin has been removed, apply pressure in the direction the arrow is pointing, and at the same time
pull towards your body. Dont apply too much pressure tho as the compartment will slide out easy enough to
gain access to the Latch.

Pic3.

Once the compartment is out, this is where the latch sits, push the latch out of position and replace with
a new latch (Can buy them at Holden $12).

Pic4.

Latch been removed from the dash bin assembly.

Now just reverse the procedure, push the compartment back in to place until you hear it clicking back in to
place and push the pin back in to location, and you're done.

I have removed the little pin but I can't seem to get the compartment out no matter how hard I push it towards right and pull it to me. It doesn't come out.

vtme

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt
These links are great to help identify problems you're having with your car or if you're purchasing one of these cars they're some things to look out for.

VT: Click here for faults
VX: Click here for faults

Note: I'm not the author, just bringing his work to everyones attention!

thanks good info, question what about a constant diff wine........gets louder the faster you go?. your thoughts :)

jimcraig

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt berlina
can sombody please send me the computer codes and how to retrive them for a VT berlina 97 model PLEASE jim craig

myvtspack

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s pack
hey everybody my battery light is staying on. i changed my alternator and my battery is only a month old i have a big sound system but it is disconected at the moment. and my light is still on. has anyone had this problem before please help

pablo

Donating member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Was a 1997 vt v6 wagon
Anybody else had this problem??
Just arrived home yesterday and noticed coolant dribbling onto the ground, coming from beneath the radiator. No leakes from any hoses, so removed radiator and took it to the local radiator repaire bloke who pressure tested and found the R/H tank had a split in it.
I was gobsmacked when he told me he is replacing those hot side bloody plastic tanks all the time. Apparently they easily crack after a few years, which means I was just lucky it happened where it did, not miles away off the beaten track. They are just like a 'time bomb' ready to bust anytime. Anyway, $130 later and I am on my way again.

Pablo

Supps

green goblin
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina S2 HBD b/kit
"I have removed the little pin but I can't seem to get the compartment out no matter how hard I push it towards right and pull it to me. It doesn't come out."

follow the previous instructions except to get the compartment out, you will see inside on the right hand side a small area for a nice flathead screw driver to fit into. put flahead in and release the clip thats holding the compartment in "gently". shouldnt be a problem, goodluck ;)

br14nh

Back in the saddle....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 wagon 5sp Manual
....isn't redwine what Elmer Fudd sees at 6,600 rpm??:whistling

Status
Not open for further replies.