Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[Ecotec] VT/VX/VY Manual Conversion tips

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
Hi mate, Holden should have the part for you. I'm not sure how much it would cost though, probably about $60 - $100 for genuine at a rough guess.

damiandownie

Damo (Vl Walky replica)
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6 commy
Hi mate, Holden should have the part for you. I'm not sure how much it would cost though, probably about $60 - $100 for genuine at a rough guess.

Cheers. i figured holden would be the best chance, lol was hoping not too though haha, quite expensive at times as we know.

epic.rang.rang

Reaction score
Members Ride
vu commodore s2
hey great thread, very interesting and inspirational.
i have a vu commodore ute with an auto but wish to convert it to a manual. unfortunately i don't have a workshop in my new apartment so am looking for someone who could do it for me. I am in the wollongong/illawarra area but am willing to travel. know anyone interested in this type of work?

epic.rang.rang

Reaction score
Members Ride
vu commodore s2
great thread, very informative and inspirational.
I have a vu commodore ute auto but want to convert it to manual. I dont have a workshop in my new apartment so i am looking for someone to do the job. Im in the wollongong/illawarra area but willing to travel around. does anybody know someone?

epic.rang.rang

Reaction score
Members Ride
vu commodore s2
hey great thread, very interesting and inspirational.
i have a vu commodore ute with an auto but wish to convert it to a manual. unfortunately i don't have a workshop in my new apartment so am looking for someone who could do it for me. I am in the wollongong/illawarra area but am willing to travel. know anyone interested in this type of work?

sassyone1986

sassyone1986
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl executive turbo
is it possible to put a manual conversion from a vn into a vt, is the pedal box different and will the t5 work in the vt....cheers

stevoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
s2 vt ss
yeah you can use a t5 behind an ecotec but you will need to get a t5 conversion flywheel/clutch and you will need to get a modified clutch pedal as it is different from a vn to vt, there is a heap more information on t5 conversions on the l67 forum.

Claudy

French Com
Reaction score
Members Ride
Manual Gen3 VT SS + V6 VT manual turbo
hey guys, im putting a t5 in my vt auto on the weekend, i have a manual memcal which i am going to put in my original computer. i got a few questions but: with the reverse lights is it the same colours as the pictures of the plugs u put up on the first page for a VT? and also the neutral switch bridging wires? one more, how did u go with the speedo? I heard u can cut the purple/white wire coming out the ecu and connect it directly to the purple wire coming off the T5 speedo sensor and it will work. has anyone tried this before?
Cheers

Verceti

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S
you guys balance your flywheels? called a shop and they made it out to be important. also quoted me 2-3grand

ive done manual conversions before to fords, did you guys find this conversion straight forward?