Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT2 Hazards work. indicator on steady Glow

Stretcher Bearer

A.R.N.G.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 SOCOG Exec 9C1
Hi,

I've done a search but nothing completely similar.
I've replaced my indicator stalk (with cruise) and flasher relay over the years.

Recently had an issue with indicators staying lit or slow flash instead of flashing . This happened after indicating then a faint puff of smoke from behind the steering wheel on the indicator stalk side. I thought that might have been a short of some sort
The slow flash sometimes changes it's speed with the turning of the wheel.
Sometimes by chance if I hold the stalk on slightly it works but only the drivers side.
It's happened intermittently in the past including the fast flashing everyone talks about but fixed itself (!).
The hazards still work fine, so I'm assuming it's not the flasher relay.

I wasted my money on an after-market stalk/switch yesterday and after changing over, still got the same symptoms. I couldn't see any bare wire or something that could indicate a reason to short.

I do have a clock-spring fault (which I'v had for a while), the dealer confirmed, could it or something they did test loading the clock-spring have done something.

Sorry it's a bit long winded, don't want to spend any more dough if I can fixed a simple problem.

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
elec drawing

on the vs the indicators ran through the hazard switch, so does the vt according to the drawing, look there. it was common that when the indicators played up it had a lot to do with the hazard switch,

Attachments

• img016.pdf
    178.8 KB · Views: 197