Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VU SS Diff into VY Exec

nicko451

Nicko
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive V6 5Spd
Im gettiing given the center out of my brother inlaws VU SS Ute and was just wondering if or what i have to do to get it to fit in?

Cheers guys!

fitz_vt

Pass Me A Wrench.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore SII Olympic Edition
the simplest way to get it to fit is to get a V8.... you shouldn't have many problems but because your VY is an V6 ECOTEC and the VU SS ute is a V8 the gear ratio's arent gonna be good for your engine but give it a shot, it should be the same as chaning the gear box if you have ever done that
if not take it to a mechanic who will probably charge you alot to do it but atleast u know the jobs done.

nicko451

Nicko
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive V6 5Spd
its 3.46 which im almost postive is ok!

im wondering if its compatible, i know its like changing a transmission was just wondering if the VX Diff fists the VY!!

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
Yeah it will bolt straight up. I have a 3.46 from a VXII S (L67) which is now in my VY L67 Calais. The diff housing is larger than a N/A V6 but all the bolt up points are identical. Just make sure the new diff has a housing for the wheel speed sensors.

I had the ppk value in the ECU changed to 6791ppk to calibrate the speedo. With an auto it now revs @ 2000rpm on 100km/h. Good kick from it too off the line. Might as well upgrade the rear sway bar while you're at it because the cradle has to come down and it helps to undo the sway too.

nicko451

Nicko
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive V6 5Spd
ok cheers! Also is the VT LSD (out of L67 - 3.07) the same as the VX??

fitz_vt

Pass Me A Wrench.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore SII Olympic Edition
ok cheers! Also is the VT LSD (out of L67 - 3.07) the same as the VX??
yes it is... ( i think) i only have a vt so i am just taking a stab in the dark most things from the vt are the same as the vx