Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX Acclaim II - Blurry rear window tint

vr5speed

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr s1 5 speed
for some reason the rear screens on commos go like that i think it is cos the rear is in the sun heaps more then the side does not matter wat glue is used happens to all the glues

beeks

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6 5sp MKII + DR 600S
Jesterarts said:
Yah i got a blurry rear window on my 2002 VXII S-pack...
not really fussed about it..
Mainly because i plan on removing the rear spolier and i will need to replace the rear window then anyway.
Why on earth would you ''need'' to replace your rear window upon removing your spoiler?........My tint was starting to bubble on the edges,so I removed it,I could'nt stand looking at it.

dave0

Reaction score
Had this happen to my VX Executive, that I just got a few weeks ago, it started to get really bad I couldn't that see well at night, took it to a tint place cost $90 to get it done.

The guy who did it for me said it happens because the tint was dye based?, and it shouldn’t happen to the new one as its metallic, dont know if he was just saying that for me to get the whole car re-done.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
beeks said:
Why on earth would you ''need'' to replace your rear window upon removing your spoiler?........My tint was starting to bubble on the edges,so I removed it,I could'nt stand looking at it.

Need to replace the rear window so i can install the rear window brake light.
The spot where the light should go it totally blacked out in commodores that come standard with a spoiler.

Infin8

VXIIBerlina 'Chrome Spec'
Reaction score
Members Ride
VXIIBERLINA
minux said:
In vic, i beleive the exact law is front windows have to be 35% no darker? The rest any darkness. From what i know...i could be wrong

But anyway, tint can be removed and replaced quite easily if done by professional's, just call a window tinting place.

just to clear that up for people, im looking at tinting my windows atm (in Victoria). The law in Vic. is that you are NOT allowed to tint your front windscreen at all. Side windows and rear are allowed a max of 35% (darkest legal in Victoria) - some states have a different percentage, but in Vic, 35% is tha darkest LEGAL. Mirror tints are also legal, but attract alot of unwanted attention. It also depends on tha colour of your car as to which particular film you use etc. Just ask a local tinter, Im sure they will be happy to help you and take your money :D

Cheers,
Infin8

beeks

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6 5sp MKII + DR 600S
Jesterarts said:
Need to replace the rear window so i can install the rear window brake light.
The spot where the light should go it totally blacked out in commodores that come standard with a spoiler.
I see......

Wombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX-II Lumina Sedan
Interesting...I thought it was just us who had a slightly blurry rear window. We have a VX-II Lumina, 2002.

I have never understood why it matters what tint you have on the rear window. In fact, as far as I knew, it was OK to have whatever you liked. think logically about it...if you have a ute, and have a load of crap in it or a canopy, you can hardly see out the back anyway. If you have a van, you simply won;t see squat out the back. Come to that, putting a set of rear window louvres on will restrict visibility pretty effectively.
I would just go for it on the rear window...we will probably get something like 25% on the rear, and leave the sides as they are because, as yet, they haven't done anything funny...touch wood...:whistling