Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX Car Bra

oswald900

Reaction score
Took the ol VX down to Tassie for a few weeks and before we left we got a Car Bra for it.

The Car Bra did a great job except it has scratched the headlights really bad.
Has anybody had this happen to them before ?

Its we are putting the VX on the market and are getting a VZ SV6 and was going to get a Car Bra for it but if they scratch the headlights i wont be getting one then.

Cheers

MySV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SV6
Every Car Bra I have seen has rubbed somewhere slightly. My VT rubbed a few places so bad I gave it away. The few mates that bought various biodel ones have all had the same problem, so I'll pass on them unless I really needed it.

MySV6

oswald900

Reaction score
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm interesting

We do alot of country travelling with our racing and get heaps of stone chips on the front thats why we got the car bra.

Pity there is not anything else out there that does the same job.

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
We bought an authentic 'car bra' brand one and have experienced no rubbing or scratches. Only time I have known them to scratch is when either the car or car bra itself is dirty. But we don't use ours anymore, for an entirely different reason though, even though its got the mesh inserts it seems to restrict the air flow therefore robbing the car of performance.

wpr

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV AVALANCHE WAGON VYII
Yes have had similar damage occur to my acrylic light guards that I left on when I fitted my car-bra. But I left my car-bra on for about a week as I was in constant dusty conditions as well as the odd downpour. Kept adjusting car-bra to keep number plate visible, damage to lights guards could have occurred then. No damage to paint work though.

oswald900

Reaction score
Well ours happened while we was in Tassie for 20 days driving around.

We also went through all sorts of weather and had the Car Bra on and off but i never wiped the inside of the Bra or the headlights so mayb some dirt was on it as we had it parked in the dusty car park while we was crewing.

Ours is also the Car Bra brand as well.

B

BLACK346

Julie said:
We bought an authentic 'car bra' brand one and have experienced no rubbing or scratches. Only time I have known them to scratch is when either the car or car bra itself is dirty. But we don't use ours anymore, for an entirely different reason though, even though its got the mesh inserts it seems to restrict the air flow therefore robbing the car of performance.

Same experience here. Mine is Car Bra Australia brand
and is pretty well on the car permanantly. It definitely
seems to block airflow and make the car a little flat,
also seems to add about 2ltr/100km to fuel consumption.
No damage caused by it though, and I have had it nearly
a year now. It definitely beats another front end respray though :)