Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX Car Key

K

Kent

Again, I have a question about my new second hand VX. I am interested to find where i could possibly get a key cut. In Perth ...suposedly... i can only get my key cut at the Holden Dealership for $150 plus. FOR JUST ONE KEY. I find that an unfair monoply (how in hell can a KEY cost that much) and so i am intrested if anyone has any infromation on a place preferbly in Perth which can provide me with a second key?

Thanks again for reading my post and cheers to everyone who helps!

~Kent

TigerVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Commodore
I'm in NSW and I just got one done for just $108. It was $92 for the new key head, a key blank and programming. Then $16 to get the key cut at a locksmith.
As far as I know you need to get the key head from holden as it needs to be programmed by them to the car.

V

VXexCOP

Key

I was in dandenong and in a major shopping complex there was a stand for getting them cut for $15!!. Assuming that you are replacing one therefore you should only need the metal bit, obtained by undoing the two screws in the head. :thumbsup:

peterj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 1 Berlina
Had one done in SA for a VT at a local shopping centre for $90 , had to open the car with the key and drive for a while until the car comp had programmed it.

B

Bundybeardan

any lock smith will have a contact to cut the key for you. prices vary like you would not believe so shop around.

MANED2001

Reaction score
we charge around 80 dollars for the key head as well as programing to the car.
the local locksmith charges 27 dollars to supply and cut a new t piece

indyblue

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega V
Some locksmiths can actually program the head for you as well. I got my last key done at a locksmith in rockdale here in sydney. Really good service too, I didn't feel like I was being ripped off as much as I do when I go to the local holden dealer. I think it cost me $60 all up.

Indy.

mistaken

... pimpin it VT stylez
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
I'm not sure what the difference is between a VX and VT key, but I got my VT key cut and programmed for $110 at City Motors in Perth.

Gravy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive
Theres a shopping center key cutter/shoe repairer (Mr Minit) here in coffs harbour that advertises the service for about $80 I think, fairly sure that also includes reprogramming but you will likely need a working key to copy the code accross.

Suggest trying to find a Mr Minit in your area... they usually hide themselves in shopping centres just out in the middle of the walkway.

Cheers,

Graham