Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vx Clubsport RHR hit gutter sideways

stevenbruzz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Clubsport
Im new to the vx and the IRS set ups, so the car slideout n hit the gutter sideways on a angle the wheel has postive camber and is on a angle, was able to drive it off the gutter and around the corner, its at pedders atm getting looked at im just wondering what costs im looking at, the passenger side is fine just driver's. Tow truck driver said it looks just to be a control arm.

also the front wheel also hit and stuffed the 20" by looks it took the force and nothing looks bent in the front

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Your second mistake was going to Pedders, they're bound to find extra problems. No way of estimating the cost. If it is just the control arm then it shouldn't be very expensive,

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
It wouldn't have been that much to fix but now you've taken it to Pedders find your lube.

Dirbatua

AWOL!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 2
my brother did that many years ago, you will have munched the bearing, probably screwing the hub and bending the rear lower control arm.

best idea if you damaged it like my brother is getting a 2nd hand rear lower control arm like this and just swapping it out

GM Diff Sedan Rear Right RHR Complete Lower Control ARM Suit VT VX VY VZ HSV SS | eBay

There is no difference between V6 and V8 as far as i am aware, only different i can think of that maybe that the HSV's had an adjustable camber kit in them but i am sure someone will correct me.

and yea pedders will screw your wallet harder then an angry ex wife.

stevenbruzz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Clubsport
Yeah and i dropped it there becouse previous owner knows them n had most of work done there i did say to have a look i havent authorized any work yet if its just that il prob tow it home n diy if its cheaper

D

devilly

depends on the pedders you go to, i booked into my local pedders for work to be done had all the parts brand new ,i was quoted $300 had the cash,was there for 5mins and they refused to do the job sent me away as there was nothing wrong with my standard system,i argued with them that i wanted the system updated,they sent me away with all my cash.so ended up getting a mate to pop over and we did it our self's.

BlackoutSteve

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Caprice LS1
It certainly must depend on which Pedders..
I once went to a Pedders with an old Chevy that I had replaced the Pitman arm, idler arm, ball-joints and tie rods ends, all brand new Moog brand parts, all in less than a year ago, in a Sunday-only car, and they told me it was all stuffed and needed replacing.
Had them quote on other stuff too, and they were Hellish.

As for the topic of this thread :p, the rear control arms bend easy, especially Series1.
Series2 were reinforced around the hub area with a gusset, and are a better replacement.

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
Must have been raining......

stevenbruzz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Clubsport
It was n the road itself slopes off pretty bad