Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX Commodore Front Wheel Studs Compliments of BJT

Thorby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Black Edition Wagon
Hi All,

Went to my local Jane Doe Smarts yesterday for a wheel balance. Long story short the knuckle dragger hit the wheel stud with my mag, now I have a free spinning stud with nut attached that wont come off. Any hints on how to remove? I cannot get it to relocate back into the hub, and the wheel nut wont come off the stud.

Cheers

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Take it back to BJ's and tell them to fix it then refuse to pay for it when the jobs done

ausrs

Reaction score
Members Ride
00 SS M6/79 chev Monza
take car back to bob jane and ask them to fix it !

Thorby

Reaction score
Members Ride
take car back to bob jane and ask them to fix it !

Excellent advice thanks guys, it has already been back and they said it wasnt their fault hence my post. Appreciate the help.

Cheers

tripletsdad

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vt commodore
this is a simple but silly ???????? but can u prove it wasnt like that when it went in there if so i dont see how they can deny they did the damage i have already got it in my mind when ever i go to a mech or tyre place i will be getting them to look over the car b4 any work is started also will be comparing the car after work is completed to see if any additional damage has been done

dons vs

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute
well it wouldnt have been like that when it went in other wise they wouldnt have been able to get the wheel off, and if they did manage to get the wheel off and noticed it was damaged then they should not have re assembled it like that nor would they have been able to.

100% this is there fault take it back and demand they fix the stud and explain there is no way it is your fault if they still refuse and be smart asses then tell them you will be in contact with them once you speak to vcat, its probably not worth going to far with it because its a simple job so i would rather just push the cocks **** off the counter and hang a piss on the floor and say it wasnt my fault.

Thorby

Reaction score
Members Ride
this is a simple but silly ???????? but can u prove it wasnt like that when it went in there if so i dont see how they can deny they did the damage i have already got it in my mind when ever i go to a mech or tyre place i will be getting them to look over the car b4 any work is started also will be comparing the car after work is completed to see if any additional damage has been done

What happened they took the n/s/f wheel off to balance and rotate with the rear. Old mate fitter put it back on then decided that it came off the rear. first time it went on all studs a ok. When he went to remount the wheel again to the front, I assume he didnt line it up properly and whacked the stud outta the hub. After trying to force it with the rattle gun, then a few large bars on the disc to try and get some leverage, old mate comes and tells me stud was stuffed when the car came in. After a discussion and a call to the manager they stated not their fault.

Anyway anyone have any idea how I can get this nut off the stud so I can replace it? Cant get a nut splitter into the mag and I dont think you can access the stude with the wheel on because the backing plate cant be removed. HELP

Thorby

Reaction score
Members Ride
What happened they took the n/s/f wheel off to balance and rotate with the rear. Old mate fitter put it back on then decided that it came off the rear. first time it went on all studs a ok. When he went to remount the wheel again to the front, I assume he didnt line it up properly and whacked the stud outta the hub. After trying to force it with the rattle gun, then a few large bars on the disc to try and get some leverage, old mate comes and tells me stud was stuffed when the car came in. After a discussion and a call to the manager they stated not their fault.

Anyway anyone have any idea how I can get this nut off the stud so I can replace it? Cant get a nut splitter into the mag and I dont think you can access the stude with the wheel on because the backing plate cant be removed. HELP

Anybody??????????

11gothevt11

Reaction score
Members Ride
99 VT Sedan
Anybody??????????

Yeh tyre place with the rattle gun....
3 studs have snap at 2 differant tyre place...
Make sure you watch them make sure they put the nut on with there fingers 1st or they could cross thread it

Thorby

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeh tyre place with the rattle gun....
3 studs have snap at 2 differant tyre place...
Make sure you watch them make sure they put the nut on with there fingers 1st or they could cross thread it

Cheers bud I will try and undo it with my fingers...cant believe I havent thought of that........